Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney On Ice - Princess Classics

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney On Ice - Princess Classics

Postby KeithS » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:55 am

Hmmm...I've just thought of another forum heading alongside music, movies etc. We may need a topic on SHOWS to discuss things like The Lion King, Disney on Ice etc.

Anyway, who has gone to see Disney on Ice in Sydney in the last couple of days? Della and I went yesterday and really enjoyed this one. Split into two acts as usual, the first act showed the stories of the princesses, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Mulan, Snow White, and Belle - all in short (about 10 minutes each) but highly entertaining sequences.

The second act was devoted solely to Cinderella, showing pretty much the full story.

We go to D on I every year and are always amazed by the detail of these productions. I'd be interested to hear others opinions of not only this year, but previous encounters. On of my favourite ever sequences was a couple of years ago when they did Tarzan and the Jungle Book, and Tarzan swung out over the crowd on a vine then back onto the ice a number of times. In all the times I've gone, I've never seen a skater fall over, despite being dressed in character.

An interesting thing about this year's program is that it has an advertisement in the back for next year, stating that next year's show will be Walt Disney's 100 Years of Magic! This doesn't make much sense as firstly, we've already had that show, and secondly, the 100th anniversary was a couple of years ago! I'm guessing these programs were printed some time ago (they had copyright 2002 in them) and that the Princesses show is the production we missed (you may remember we didn't get Disney on Ice one year - I think 2003.) Anyway, here's hoping we get one of the newer shows next year like Monsters Inc or Finding Nemo - both of which are in production.

Comments?

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:35 pm

Ask and you shall receive. :D There is now a topic "Shows".

Unfortunately I can't comment on Disney On Ice because I've never actually been to one.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:30 pm

Thanks Greg,

I'll copy and paste the message in the new forum :)

KeithS

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Music”