Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

School Band

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

School Band

Postby churros » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:20 am

Last night the boys' school had a music night which I attended, naturally. Now if any of you have ever had to sit through a school band performance you know it's akin to listening to fingernails being dragged down a blackboard. Our school has a big music program and the school goes from K-12 so there are A LOT of different musical ensembles. I have to say, and I don't believe this is biased that, 3 of their school bands are decent in fact the senior school band, Angus plays keyboard, and the stage band are fantastic. So I was thrilled to hear them do several Disney tunes. The junior band did a medley from Beauty and the Beast - which brought a tear to my eye - quite a nice job. But Angus's band did Colonel Hathis's march - very foot tapping and the Incredibles - blow you away!!!! -/

I know I'm a bragging mother but while I'm at it Angus has been on quite a roll this week. Last night he was awarded a trophy for band, last week his team won the debating finals for Sutherland Shire and he was elected Year 9 leader. :D

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: School Band

Postby ajp » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:14 am

He sure is on a roll Beth, congratulations all round. And if you can't brag about your kids, then what's the point of having them in the first place? :mrgreen:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: School Band

Postby mushu mama » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:21 am

Well Done Angus.... -/ -/

( and of course Beth, for being the superlative mum that made it possible to be there in the first place :wink: )

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Music”