Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

What is your favourite food when you travel to Disney?

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

What is your favourite food when you travel to Disney?

Postby sandie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:27 pm

What do you really need to eat when you are in a Disney Park?

What is your favourite snack?

What is your favourite counter service item?

What is the best sit down thing you have ever eaten?

What is a favourite from off site? (Not in a Disney Park)

What do you regret eating?

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:32 pm

Mickey Ice Cream - we call them Mickey on a stick
Hot dogs from Casey's!
The potstickers from Ohana (wdw)
Wetzel's Pretzels
The Monte Crisco Sanwich from Blue Bayou - I do not know what made me think that was a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: What is your favourite food when you travel to Disney?

Postby KeithS » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 pm

Pineapple Dole Whips!!!! There is nothing like 'em. Della and I got hooked - we buy them, then sit in the hub beside the Partners statue, facing the castle, and watch the world go by - I love those times :)
I think I'd have to go with the cheese burger at the Starliner Diner in Hong Kong. Those burgers rock. I probably had some good things in WDW, but I was so overwhelmed, I can't remember anything I ate there...
The meal at Walt's in Disneyland Paris was the best on the tour - can't remember what I ate, but I remember thinking how good it was! Wayne may remember the menu - I think I had the same thing as him. I love the salads (yes, you heard me right...salads...) at the Plaza Inn in Disneyland - the Plaza Inn is a haven from the hamburger!
Anything from Denny's in Anaheim - it is fried, cheap and better than most things in the park!
Just about any meal in Disneyland Anaheim that isn't at a sit down restaurant! I guess I had too many burgers.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:01 am

We're Disneyland only visitors so far, but here goes.

Churros are one thing, as mentioned the youngest has to have one! Also an ice cream from the ice cream shop just around from Paradise Pier. Also Breakfast at the Plaza Inn is a must do as well!

Coffee! Coffee for Ros and I is a must at least 3 times a day when at the parks. Not just the normal brewed stuff, that's tar, but the "normal" good coffee from the cafes. Especially the one from the Carnation Cafe on Main street.

Gumbo in the bread bowl from the Royal Street Verandah in New Orleans Square. Great to have on a cool winter night followed by a coffee in preparation for Fantasmic!

This is shared between Blue Bayou and Aerial's Grotto in DCA, but for different reasons. Can't remember what we had, but do remember that we thoroughly enjoyed it!

Definitely Cocos. They have the best value, are always clean and serve veges in a land of fried everything which is always a pleasant change. And their Banana Cream Pie is to die for!

Corn Dog in DCA. It was one of those "when in Rome things", I just had to try one. It was absolutely disgusting. It was like they had taken a lump of lard, stuck a stick in it and then fried it. I took about 3 mouthfuls and had to toss it.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:05 pm

Food glorious food...... :D

Well, I've only got one park and one trip to draw from ( TDL) so that is not going to take long, but perhaps my answers will add a little oriental flavour to the thread.

Do I really need to say it.....

Churros. I've had them elsewhere but never as nice as the ones that you nibble on in Disney. I especially like the pink ones. :)

another absolute must for me would be the Mickey waffles. And none of that Maple syrup... ( my apologies to any Canadians reading this - but it just makes my nose wrinkle...... :roll: ) Nope, it has to have strawberry jam, lashings of whipped cream and chocolate fudgy kind of sauce.....

Sigh....

see above. Plus the Mickey head shaped icecreams that are sandwiched between biscuits ( like a Maxi icecream here - but better) messy but oh so yummy.

Hmmm..... the Halloween pizza in Toontown. ( we were there over Halloween but that was the only day we didn't go to the park :evil:) it was really really weird but surprisingly satisfying.... it was pork and corn flavoured from memory. Defies description actually. :) They eat some weird stuff in Japan.

The closest thing we came to doing the 'sit down' meal was a sundae at the Ice cream parlor..... seriously. :evil:

Mc Teryaki burgers at McDonalds...... Best Macca's I've ever had.

honestly... I can't think of anything in TDL. Japan was a gastronical wonderland of the weird but it was great fun trying everything. Only one thing I didn't take more than one bite of - Steamed dumplings laced with a really bitter sake.... BLEUGH :x ......I have a ginormous sweet tooth so that didn't go down well.

One other thing about the park in Japan that might be different in the food stakes, they have meals ( including for the kids) called 'sets' and they are kind of the Japanese version of fast food. The kids version was kind of like a Happy Meal but way more expensive ( about $13) but they came in a seriously cute lunchbox. In them were a Peanut butter sandwich made from Mickey head shaped bread - not cut with a cutter but actually baked that shape and sliced, chips ( as in Samboy) a drink, and this weird clear jellifeid fruit concoction that really just tasted like jellied water with golden circle fruit salad in it.

Oh and the potato chips stamped with Disney characters - yes on each chip :shock: - they were yummy as well. Do they have them in any other parks?

~Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”