Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disneyland DVD

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disneyland DVD

Postby KeithS » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:53 am

Hey everyone, I just read some interesting news on the http://www.ultimatedisney.com website.

Last year, Disney were planning the release of a DVD called : Disneyland, Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place on Earth.

It was due to be released on July 12, just in time for the official 50th anniversary. The 90 minute documentary had been shown at a couple of conventions, and people were really enthusiastic about it, saying it was the greatest film about Disneyland ever put together. Many of our club members had preordered it through Amazon etc...

...and then for no apparent reason - it never came out, with no explanation from Disney or Buena Vista Home Entertainment...the DVD release just dropped off the radar and Amazon stopped taking orders...

...but today, on Ulitmate Disney's website, the news is that the DVD is likely to surface later this year, in September-October and to expect an announcement soon. So keep an eye out on Amazon or your other favourite online sellers again, and keep your fingers crossed! Here is the Amazon 'unavailable product' link : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007Z ... ance&n=130

I'd love to get my hands on a copy. I doubt it will be made available in Region 4 or PAL - so we might have to make do with the US version.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:47 pm

The last Disneyland DVD that I purchased from eBay was only supposed to work on US machines but it worked no problem on our el-cheapo DVD player so you might find its watchable after all. I purchased it supposing that if worse came to worse I would be able to get the code off the net to unlock my DVD player to allow multi region viewing but thought I'd give it a go first to see what happened. Voila- there it was.
So you never know!

Lisa. :)

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:29 pm

Funnily enough the cheaper the DVD player the more likely it is to region free out of the box. Those Chinese companies don't care about little things like that.

Having a look at the comments that have been left on Amazon about this DVD it seems like a "don't hold your breath" proposition although it does seem like it would be a fascinating one to watch.

I did notice that a lot of comments pointed to another site called Extinct Attractions Club that seems really interesting.

http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/

I love all this behind the scenes looks at the parks.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

Lion711
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Lion711 » Fri May 19, 2006 11:48 pm

you 100% right. My mum bought a cheap dvd player just so she could hire the odd movie and i found it plays all regions after getting a dvd from the states. I was stoked.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”