Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Mouse Adventures in Disneyland/CA

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Mouse Adventures in Disneyland/CA

Postby mushu mama » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:24 pm

Hello everyone, I'd just like to know if anyone in the forum has attended a MouseAdventures game in Disneyland before? I'd love to be in it one day and would love to hear about your experience with the game.
Cheers,Lisa.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:35 pm

I'm really starting to feel that my ignorance knows no bounds. :?

What is a MouseAdventures game?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: mouse Adventures.

Postby mushu mama » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:42 pm

Think Amazing Race but in Disneyland. Its held in Spring and Autumn - next one is April 30. Groups of up to 4 people are given directions (a bit like a scavenger hunt, challenges, multiple choice rolled into one) and there are prizes for Ist home, Highest score, most cheerful group etc. Each time they hold this event the format is changed to keep it fairer. Having said that, there are certain groups that have take on 'super team' status and are required to compete on a different level these days. Sounds like lots of fun, but probably exhausting. Some years it can even stretch over 2 days and both parks!
And they Dress up :!: you should see some of the unbelievable costumes - could make all that running around a little taxing!
Anyway, would love to do this one day...
Team Disneyana Down Under anyone :?:
- Lisa

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:11 pm

Anyway, would love to do this one day...
Team Disneyana Down Under anyone :?:
- Lisa
Pick me, pick me! :P

That sounds amazing and I've never heard of it before. I don't think I'd be able to make it this year because it's a little short notice and next year I have another trip planned (see my other post) but the year after...

I'm keen to hear from anyone who has been in it as well.

Hmmm, maybe if we got a sponsor.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:31 pm

next year I have another trip planned (see my other post) but the year after...

Hmmm, maybe if we got a sponsor.Greg

Yep very envious of your next trip.... (insert green smiley face)

Sponsorship is the best idea yet.. Hmmm, who would be willing to pay for 4 Aussies wanting to go to Disneyland to run around and find lots of clues? might have to come up with a better angle than that I suspect ...

:) Lisa.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:52 pm

might have to come up with a better angle than that I suspect ...
:) Lisa.
But we'd wear their t-shirt. :wink:

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:12 pm

absolutely :!:

Logo front and back.....

- Lisa

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue May 02, 2006 10:12 pm

If anyone wants to know more about the Mouse Adventure game, there is a great rundown on Mouse Planet - just click on Mouse Adventures. Gives a great indication of what to expect.
- I am so doing this one day!

- Lisa. :D

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed May 03, 2006 9:36 pm

Wow - that would be awesome. Pen me in for 2008!

I've seen the Mouse Adventure article topics on Mouseplanet, but have never read the actual articles before now...if only we all lived in Southern California...or Disney built a nice park here...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed May 03, 2006 10:07 pm

Ok, you're in!

What! A Disneyland here? NOOOOOOO. You'd miss out on the packing, You'd miss out on the plane trip. You'd miss out on the weird but interesting airline food. You'd miss out on the accents. You'd miss out on the stuff that you just can't throw away! (come on - who hasn't stashed a sugar sachet cos it was in an interesting wrapper?) You'd miss out on the stamps in your passport. You'd miss out on the ADVENTURE :!:

I think you get the point....
(and I wouldn't work there either - I'd rather be dazzled by the magic than know how it all works)

- Lisa :)
Last edited by mushu mama on Wed May 03, 2006 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed May 03, 2006 11:08 pm

How did you know about the sugar sachets!! (and the 50th Anniversary napkins, the Disney clothes tags I never throw out, the 50th anniversary thermal hot dog bag (don't ask), not to mention all the 50th and HK merchandising bags still sitting in my wardrobe!)

You're right of course - going overseas, it is the adventure I love! I prided myself on my old passport - it was full of world stamps...and then it expired and I had to start again!

If I could avoid the plane trip I would - I love flying, it is in my blood, but we've had a few rough flights lately (turbulence) and while I can survive - Della is not too keen! The food though is awesome - I've never complained about that weird stuff...errr...whatever it is! :)

As for packing - well I am the master! Della usually does a couple of dry runs during the week before we leave to see if she can get everything in...me on the other hand - the night before we go, I grab my suitcase, chuck in all my clean underwear and a spare pair of jeans, one or two shirts and zip it up! Plenty of room to bring stuff back! I buy all my shirts whilst on the holiday and wear them over there. Why pack too many shirts when you are going to be buying souvenir ones anyway - might as well wear them! (I think it is a boy thing, as Della would say...)
Keith

Trip history:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed May 03, 2006 11:43 pm

How did you know about the sugar sachets!!
I've got the odd one kicking around.....
the 50th anniversary thermal hot dog bag (don't ask)
I'm sure its unique! (- biting tongue as I type....)
I prided myself on my old passport - it was full of world stamps...and then it expired and I had to start again!
I like my original one because the photo is of a 22 year old!
But then looking at it from a 'glass 1/2 full' standpoint, its pretty exciting filling up the new one.

As for packing - well I am the master! Della usually does a couple of dry runs during the week before we leave to see if she can get everything in... Why pack too many shirts when you are going to be buying souvenir ones anyway - might as well wear them! (I think it is a boy thing, as Della would say...)
I'm with Della. I just about pack as soon as the trip is booked! I'm kind of at fever pitch the night before so that wouldn't be a great time to be remembering everything.
But I'm with you on the b-shirts(brag shirts) thing - how else are you going to show off that you've been there without actually saying it?

- Lisa. :)

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat May 06, 2006 3:40 pm

I love flying and am trying to work my itinerary or next year so that I do the maximum number of flights, I even like hanging around airports so the more stopovers the better as well, masochist that I am.

As for the packing I have to back Keith. Throw some stuff in a bag as you're walking out the door and you'll still find that you only use half of it anyway. As long as I have my wallet, tickets and passport I figure that I can go anywhere and survive. Everything else is just baggage. Of course I still take a big pack with me but that's just to bring back all the souvineers.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat May 06, 2006 3:53 pm

Yeah but I'm a girl - we're genetically programmed to take too much stuff cos we'll NEED it all!

- Lisa.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun May 07, 2006 2:25 pm

As long as I have my wallet, tickets and passport
I use almost the same quote when I am justifying my packing (or lack there of) to Della. I figure that if I am slack and forget to pack something (toothbrush, clothes, shoes etc) but I have my passport and mastercard and e-ticket printout, I should be okay! I'll just buy the missing stuff :)
Yeah but I'm a girl - we're genetically programmed to take too much stuff cos we'll NEED it all!
Hey Lisa - are you sure you are not Della in disguise, because you sure sound like her...!!!
Keith

Trip history:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”