Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney is about to start charging for its Fastpass system

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney is about to start charging for its Fastpass system

Postby calisota » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disney is about to start charging for its Fastpass system

Postby mushu mama » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:12 pm

so what they already do in WDW for free is now at a cost in DLR and if its a success will be rolled out across the globe... I'm undecided... I think it takes away the ability to spontaneously change tack, which was my biggest annoyance at WDW - the need to be so tightly scheduled or miss out on stuff you want to do.  Not sure I like the suggestion of things being booked out before you get there in DLR as well... oh well, I guess it was always going to happen... I just wish they'd bring in a front of line pass like Universal and then I'd happily hand over the cash.  
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:55 am

I don't think I've ever used fastpass myself. Not being there for the rides I tend to just wander around and if something takes my fancy and if the line isn't too long I queue up.

I can see this as an extension of pre-booking your meals etc in the park but it feels like it would become a "tour" rather than an exploration of the Park.

Greg

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:06 am

I don't see how it's going to work for international guests without wifi in the parks.  We found it very frustrating that there wasn't wifi yet in DL when it's so good across the WDW parks.  We also much preferred the old fashioned paper fastpass at DL to the MDE FP+ at WDW, but whether it was because DL is our 'home' park and we're more familiar with it or not might be an issue.   We really didn't like FP+ much at all - we NEVER got a fourth FP and we found it quite restrictive.  At DL we often would have numerous FPs at once which is impossible under the FP+ system.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:57 am

I'm nervous about the roll-out of electronic FP at DL too.  The lack of park wifi basically rules out international guests from using the new system so we have to continue with the old paper version for the time being - which I hope doesn't end up with us being excluded from certain things.

I don't mind the WDW system - if you are visiting from overseas during busy periods, then you can at least ensure you get on the rides you want at some point during your visit - although as Mel points out, it was hard to use the FP+ system efficiently.  We probably only used one or two a day because of difficulties booking some attractions - and sometimes we'd prebook a FP only to find out it was a walk-on and we could have used it elsewhere.  I also don't like how it forces you to pre-plan your parks on any given day as we also used to be more spontaneous with where we used to visit.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:28 pm

I also don't like how it forces you to pre-plan your parks on any given day as we also used to be more spontaneous with where we used to visit.
Yep, it's the risk of losing the spontaneity of it that worries me too. Exploring and discovering  with no set agenda is half the fun.
Greg

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”