Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Season of the Force at Disneyland

Kevin
A Ticket
A Ticket

Season of the Force at Disneyland

Postby Kevin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:23 am

Dont hate me folks but I am heading off to Disneyland this evening for a cast preview of the new Star Wars experiences in Tomorrowland.  Its going to be awesome even though it finishes at midnight.  There are changes to space mountain, its now hyperspace mountain and star tours is now relevant to the new film and Tomorrowland Theater featuring a new film, Star Wars: Path of the Jedi.  Not sure what the film is but its probably a teaser for the force awakens maybe?

A good article on the LA times about the new experiences.  There are some spoilers in the article.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/he ... story.html

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Season of the Force at Disneyland

Postby KeithS » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:53 am

What else can we say Kevin - we hate you! LOL! Just kidding, have a great time and report back with what you see!

And May the Force be With You!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:03 am

I think I'm just going to sit here hitting refresh until he reports back. 

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

Kevin
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Kevin » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:21 am

That was a lot of fun.  fyi the new rides are officially open on monday I beleive though some visitors have lucked out and been let in early.  fyi The LA times article and its video was pretty accurate. 

Hyperspace Mountain was awesome.  It seems faster and there seem to be tigher turns.  I heard they relaid some track so changed things up a bit.  not to mention the scenes (as shown on the la times video) of the videos displayed during the ride.  Its so worth going to, specially if your a fan of the old space mountain.  Everyone I talked to said they loved it and thought it was better.

So its awesome and well worth it. 

I didnt get onto the Star tours due to a screw up on my end but  rode hyperspace mountain and saw the star wars path of the jedi movie.  There wasnt anything new in the movie, its was clips from the movies plus from the new trailers but seeing them on the big screen again was strangely moving in spots.

Couldnt take any photo's as security told everyone it was a no no.

I dont often get backstage at disneyland so its fun when I do.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”