Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

New Disneyland App for iPhone and Android

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

New Disneyland App for iPhone and Android

Postby KeithS » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:42 am

If you've visited WDW in the last couple of years, you'll know they have a smartphone app which allows you access to your MyMagic+ selections including Fastpass+ bookings, restaurant reservations etc. I found it easy to use and I know others in the club have also made good use of it - especially for wait times and Fastpass bookings.

Now, a similar app has been rolled out for the Disneyland Resort.

It isn't as full featured (yet) as MyMagic+ and the Magicbands have not appeared in Anaheim - however it is a first step in bringing the ticketing for Disneyland into the 21st Century. You can buy park tickets online through the app and just show your phone at the gate for admission (although this is only available to US and Japanese residents at the moment for some reason). It also has a similar mapping function and wait time information to the WDW as well as character greeting information.

It is only version 1.0 of release, so just like the WDW version, it will grow over time and I would guess eventually we'll all need to have it! While Disney have not unveiled its MyMagic+ plans for the Disneyland Resort, the release of this app suggests to me that they are starting to get the visiting population to that park used to the idea of linking personal technology to their visit - so I think it will be inevitable that some program similar to WDW will eventually make its way to the west coast.

Oh - and if you want to grab it, then go here:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest- ... obile-app/
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: New Disneyland App for iPhone and Android

Postby mushu mama » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:42 am

I guess it was always just a matter of time before the magic bands made their way into Disneyland. I think now that most of the kinks have been worn out of the system ( presumably) the Disneyland regulars ( who have been quite vocal about not wanting it) will be more accepting of it.. Personally, I am looking forward to using the magic bands when I go to WDW next year. The parks ( any parks) really do need to not only keep up with, but stay in the forefront of the tech these days. Bring it on I say...
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”