Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour

Postby calisota » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:56 pm

Keith, in your photo album there is a shot of you and Della in the Club 33 lobby and you say it's part of the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. What is the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour , how do you get on it, how much does it cost, where did you go and anything else you'd like to tell us? :D

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:54 pm

A Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is a great opportunity to explore the history of Disneyland - especially if it is your first trip, though I dare say that old timers will probably enjoy it too.

I had heard of it through other club members who had done it and thought it would be a great idea. I looked up the details on Disneyland's webpage - the tour page can be found here:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyl ... age&bhcp=1

I rang up guest services about a month before my trip and booked two tickets for the 2nd of May - you cannot book online, you must ring them personally. They charged it through to my credit card. The tour is $49.00 and goes for around 3.5 hours and includes lunch. This year, it also included a commemorative 50th Anniversary of Disneyland gold Walk in Walt's Footsteps pin.

So what is the tour? Well, you start about an hour before opening at City Hall - don't worry, it does not use up your early opening ticket, the tour includes its own. You then go on a 3.5 hour guided tour around the park, learning the history of the buildings, and having some of the intricate details of the park pointed out to you.

Starting in Main Street you walk down to the hub (via the Main Street cinema) and over to Adventureland.

There, you get a private look into the Enchanted Tiki Room, where they allow you to take flash photography prior to sitting through a performance, as well as a close up look at how the animatronics work.

You then walk to New Orleans Square and entry into Club 33 foyer.

Then it is on to the Railroad for a trip around to Tomorrowland, then through Snow White's Grotto into Fantasyland.

And finally, we ended with lunch in the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland.

All the way we are stopping at various sites and learning the history and stories about various parts of the park.

It was a great tour for us as it was our very first full day in the park, and we got to learn most of the layout and see many attractions. I highly recommend it.

Our tour guide (Susie) was excellent and able to answer all the group's questions. She also through lots of questions back at us to see how our knowledge was (not good at that time...!)

Groups are limited to around 10-15. Ours had about 10 people.

So there you go, that's a brief account of A Walk in Walt's Footsteps.

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:39 pm

Sounds like just the thing for me.

I wonder if they do the same thing at Paris Disneyland?

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:43 pm

I haven't found any reference to guided tours at Disneyland Paris, but they certainly have had them in WDW Florida. They don't advertise them too much, probably due to the small numbers of spots available on each tour. You just have to keep a look out on websites for tour information and how to book.

I recently found a whole page devoted to the WDW tours, but I just had a look for it, and it has disappeared!

:?

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:14 pm

I may have to get in touch with Paris Disneyland directly and see what they say.

Greg

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”