Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disneyland 2012 Trip

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Disneyland 2012 Trip

Postby RickGainsmith » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Off to Disney again, this time Disneyland LA December 3rd, home on the 14th. 15 People.

Quick questions,

Anyone know of a good private transfer company we can use for 15 people?
LAX - Disneyland GC Hotel and return.
Trip to Universal, LA City Shopping, Legoland, Medieval Times, etc...

Also, priority seating package for Fantasmic show, is there one for World of Color?

Cheers,
Rick

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disneyland 2012 Trip

Postby ajp » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

I can quickly answer the World Of Colour question. Yes there certainly is. There is the dinner package at Aerials Grotto Restaurant. We did this and it is a wonderful meal. There is also the picnic option, which Keith has done, so he can fill you in on that. No clue about the private transport option. Check the Coach America website they have some good options and tours that can be pre-booked.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:13 pm

15 people!??!? :shock:

We've only ever used Grey Line for a couple of tours. Don't know if they do small groups though. Sorry, I've never organised a trip for such a large group.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Anthony - I'm interested in the Ariel's Grotto deal for World of Color - where did you watch the show from and did you have to stand or could you sit? Did you view it from the restaurant? Isn't that quite a bit on the side?

Rick - I did the World of Color picnic deal - it is great if you want to watch WOC without queuing for a Fastpass - they issue a Fastpass when you pick up the meals and they are very cheap - about $15. You don't get any special treatment though, it is just a method to guarantee you get a Fastpass.

As for group transfers - I can't really help there in relation to airport transfers. When we did the world tour in 2006 however, we asked our hotel if they new of a driver service to take us around LA. They arranged for a mini bus and driver who picked us up in the morning and we directed him where to go throughout the day - it was a great service and pretty cheap, but unfortunately I can't remember the name - it was a local limousine service that was advertised in the Tropicana Hotel.

Maybe Wayne or Gerard can remember?
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Anthony - I'm interested in the Ariel's Grotto deal for World of Color - where did you watch the show from and did you have to stand or could you sit? Did you view it from the restaurant? Isn't that quite a bit on the side?
No we didn't watch from the restaurant, although it wouldn't be that bad. It's not as much on the side as it would appear. But they give you special VIP passess and you sit in the "Dinner Package" area which is in the middle. They have a roped off area and essentially you sit with everyone else, so there is really no special treatment, just a guaranteed fastpass in a guaranteed area. Oh, and a really nice meal!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

WayneG
B Ticket
B Ticket

Postby WayneG » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Rick,

Back in 2006 we arranged a special car for our trip to the Disney Studios and hollywood. We did this through our hotel the Tropicana. I would email them or ring directly and discuss. There is a free shuttle to Universal from the Anaheim area. See the Universal web site.

Also I will be in Melbourne with work next week if you would like to have lunch or catch up after work and I can go through a number of your questions. Please leave a message.

Wayne

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby RickGainsmith » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:19 pm

If your around to the Southbank area, drop into Gainsville....aways have time to talk Disney! ;-) Day off is Tuesdays.

Definitely will book the Woc Dinner package, thanks!

Will speak to Grand Californian hotel about a transfer also, cheers!
Rick

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Rick I'm using a great company to organise our group transport - we are usining them on 8 of the 14 days! I will pm you my work email - if you email me there that will remind me to send you the contact details!

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby RickGainsmith » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks Sandie, I have replied.
Rick

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”