Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

So what is next for the Disneyland Resort?

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

So what is next for the Disneyland Resort?

Postby KeithS » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:46 pm

We've all been watching the massive re-make of DCA over the last few years and it has been a very exciting time for anyone interested in the original Disney resort in Anaheim. Now that it is over however, we have to ask the question, what is next - and what do you want to see next?

There are already a bunch of rumours zipping around the internet now:
The subs are closing;
Autopia is closing (I think this is a done deal given the noise and fumes and the occupational health and safety issues for cast - on top of that, Chevron sponsorship ceased in the last fortnight - adding fuel (pardon the pun!) to the fire that it'll close or at least be converted to electronic cars like Hong Kong);
Innoventions is to be demolished;
An expansion of Frontierland into the Big Thunder Ranch area;
Tearing down the Peoplemover track;
Re-using the Peoplemover track for a new ride;
and many more such rumours.

So - do you think Disneyland needs a bit of polish to clean up certain corners of the park? From many of the rumours above, it seems like the fans are keen on getting Tomorrowland looked at (and I have to admit that I'd be in favour of that too - especially getting rid of, or repurposing the 3D theatre where Captain EO is - 3D was unique and exciting when it and Honey I Shrank the Audience came out - but now it is an everyday cinema occurance).

So do some armchair-imagineering and give us your ideas - if you had $1billion dollars like what was spent at DCA, what would you do to Disneyland?
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: So what is next for the Disneyland Resort?

Postby churros » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Toontown could probably have more to draw guests and not just for little people.

I'd get rid of pooh - there I said it!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Toontown could probably have more to draw guests and not just for little people.
Hmmm - if I could bulldoze an entire land, this would have to be it. Sure, it looks great and seems a good idea on paper, but for me, it just doesn't work very well. The attractions are dull - even Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin is a snooze.
I'd get rid of pooh - there I said it!
Yes!
Keith

Trip history:

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:34 am

Oh I like Toontown! So much better than the WDW one was.

Pooh - instead of them tearing it down, it would be fantastic if they could upgrade it to be like Pooh's Honey Hunt in Tokyo.

I'd actually really like to see Autopia remain in some form.... at least for a few more years, until the boys grew out of it :lol:

Tomorrowland has seemed old and tired to me since my first visit (granted, I haven't been to Anaheim since 2005, but I don't think it's improved since then). It could definitely do with a spruce up. Innoventions is a complete waste of space. Even the old Carousel of Progress would be better back in there.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:51 am

I think they pump some kind of gas into innoventions that makes you start to yawn as soon as you step in. It's the same gas that makes you fall asleep in the hall of presidents. :wink:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:13 am

Della and I love Autopia, so I also hope they retain it in some form. I just can't see the petrol-engined cars staying there in the current climate - Disney is quite openly turning more green and having noisy and smelly cars running around the park is not in line with their current corporate branding. I think they'll take the Hong Kong route with the attraction.

Upgrading Pooh to Tokyo quality would be terrific.

I think Disneyland needs a stage show again - which I guess is why Princess Fantasy Faire is getting a new home next year. Then they'll be able to use the theatre again for a proper stage show.

I'd be in favour of tearing down the Peoplemover track just to open up the Tomorrowland corridor - is does get very congested outside Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear.
Keith

Trip history:

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Tomorrowland needs to once again be TOMORROWland and not just sci Fi or education land. Autopia needs to change or go. Maybe Honda can pick up sponsorship and have little insights running around or Chevrolet with the volt. Not that I agree with electric cars for the future, but another argument another time. People mover needs to return. We love jumping on this at MK and there surely is someway of theming. Remember the people mover scene in the Incredibles? The rocket ships need to return to their original location above the people mover staion. Bulldoze innoventions. On the other side, bulldoze pooh. Open the area around the BBQ area somehow as well.

I'll think of more soon ....
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby BrizMarc » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:02 am

Tomorrow land for sure needs to be totaly overhauled. I think most of whats been said above is correct. Poo can go for sure and autopia needs a overhall with something more modern.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”