Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

One More Disney Day

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

One More Disney Day

Postby mushu mama » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Just been reading up on how the day/night went for ONE MORE DISNEY DAY for the leap year and it seems like it was a bit of a mixed bag as far as the punters were concerned.

Disney of course broke all attendance records, but apparently, there were people filling the theaters etc and sleeping in seating, and on floors, lines were astronomically long for both food and rides, and the parks were grossly understaffed.
My friend working at WDW went into the park till 3am and then got 3 hours sleep before having to be at work again... :shock:

The DL park was at capacity with no more entry being given in the wee hours and there were still thousands of people waiting just in case.

It blows my mind that people were experiencing the OMDD at Orlando and then flying across the country and then praying they could make it inside the DL park so they could say they went to both.

I hope they implement some of the 'occasion food' that they had at DL cos it looked ah-mazing.

All in all, given that it was a mad crush most of the 24 hours, right up till closing at 6am, I have STILL penciled it in for 4 years time cos I'd love OMDD for my special 'number' birthday year and I know exactly where I will be celebrating.

....and I want one of those OMDD T-shirts.... :wink:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: One More Disney Day

Postby KeithS » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:51 am

Yep - I've been reading those stories too about the massive crowds that turned up. I have to admit that I was surprised by how popular this was. Considering it was a mid-week night, and a school day - I thought the park would be dead at 2am. On the contrary, the place was packed and there were not enough cast members on hand to manage the crowd, but at least from most accounts, it was well behaved and despite the long queues, people seemed to have enjoyed the event!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”