Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Photopass

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Photopass

Postby KeithS » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:06 pm

I see that Disneyland is now rolling out the Photopass system. Personally, I think Photopass is pretty cool.

When in Orlando recently, I was given a Photopass on completion of a Test Track run. Photopass takes the place of those little chits of paper you used to get when claiming an attraction photograph or a photo taken by one of the Disney photographers around the park.

It is basically a credit card style plastic card that goes in your wallet. When you get off the attraction, you can get your photograph added to your photopass. Likewise, when a photographer takes a character photo etc, give them your pass and it gets added.

Then at the end of the day, you can go to the Kodak photoshop, hand over your card and get all your photos downloaded...

...now here is the cool bit - your photos are also available for viewing and ordering over the Internet for 30 days. When we were in Orlando, we got a group photo taken in front of the castle - but in all the excitement, we forgot to view and print them at the photoshop, so when I got home, I had a look online, and sure enough - there was our photo. You could also add embellishments just like at the Kodak shop, such as borders etc. So I ordered multiple copies of the group photo and they were posted to me in less than a fortnight - not bad service and the postage was only $7.19US. They came nicely packaged and were exactly as I had ordered them.

This is a great service, and I hope they roll it out across all parks.

(p.s. I am not sponsored by Photopass or Kodak :) just a happy customer!)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”