Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Now what do I do?

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Now what do I do?

Postby calisota » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:07 pm

shots of the new water stuff in DCA?
Changes to the Wharf area?
Okay, I'll head there tomorrow. From memory there are hoardings up around construction for a Little Mermaid attraction and most of the entrance to the "Backlot" is blocked by hoardings that are hiding some sort of construction there as well.
are the California Letters still outside DCA ?
Yep.

I've also taken some photos of the Rivers of America which are drained and have all sorts of equipment and vehicles in them.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:11 pm

Cool... that'd be interesting to see... thanks
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:25 pm

A photo of a churro!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:27 pm

there were days I left the park purely cos my camera wasn't working.... seriously!
Must have been that haunted mansion! :wink:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:13 pm

A photo of a churro!
ok... well, that'd just be cruel... :(
Must have been that haunted mansion! :wink:
:lol: nup... it was the day I was meeting Mickey in Toontown... I was so distressed about not getting decent photos with Mickey( one of my cameras was playing up and then stopped altogether) I went back to my room, recharged the battery, went for a swim and a had a lazy afternoon by the pool and then went back for the evening to see Fantasmic. Worked out well in the end.

For the record... if I were in another park seeing a different HM, I WOULD ride it ONCE. But that'd be it. Not my fav. Same with the Tiki room.

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:23 pm

For the record... if I were in another park seeing a different HM, I WOULD ride it ONCE. But that'd be it. Not my fav. Same with the Tiki room.

Lisa.
One of us would go with you and hold your hand - HM I mean - you don't need to have your hand held in the tiki room.

I love the tiki room especially after a dole whip! I wasn't as keen on the WDW version - the original is the best. It reminds me of the Wonderful World of Disney on a Sunday night.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:39 pm

One of us would go with you and hold your hand - HM I mean - you don't need to have your hand held in the tiki room.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, I'd need the hands over my ears in the Tiki room... Love the Dole Whip though...

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 am

I had my first Dole Whip last night and was a little underwhelmed. Maybe it's all the raving here that had built it up to heights that no confection could hope to reach.

Little underwhelmed by churros as well. :oops:

I'm just resting my feet for a couple of hours after spending the day in DCA before I head back for a nights walking and firework viewing so I might have a look for those construction photos and put them here. No promises though because this really is a slow connection.

Greg

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:26 am

Okay, a few construction photos.

Have a look at http://www.gchistory.com/dudphotos/

I've thrown 9 photos there, if any need explanation just ask.

The reason I've done it this way rather than embedding them in the forum is lack of time to do any real playing with the images so they are pretty big files. This way you have the choice to look at them or not depending on your connection.

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks Greg. That must be some serious work they're doing in Rivers of America. In January the moat was full of trucks and people, and even now they don't look like finishing any time soon.

The walls in Hollywood Pictures Backlot have multiplied. They were only down the middle of the street, but now they've widened and moved around the corner. They must be well under way with the tracks now.

Little Mermaid building is coming along well. Great shots of the water guns for WOC too. Now the walls are down there, obviously it's easier to get a good look at what really has gone on in there.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 pm

I had my first Dole Whip last night and was a little underwhelmed. Maybe it's all the raving here that had built it up to heights that no confection could hope to reach.

And this from the man who won't go on a roller-coaster!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Greg
you clearly just didn't eat enough of them... :D

the photos were great... its astounding what is going to be under the water for the night water show. Could it be anything other than spectacular with all that paraphenalia?
what are the rails for?

It looks so different from when I was there... so many changes in DCA...

Thanks for that..

Lisa

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”