Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Food in and around Disneyland!

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Re: Food in and around Disneyland!

Postby bigam » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Thanks Sandie, you're not treading on my toes. I didn't know about this information so it will be very useful to me.
The boys were fantastic in EuroDisney because it wasn't crowded and they were 5 years younger. The problem may come in the buses going to and from the airport where they can't escape the noise and being close to so many strangers but ipods should help them drown out the noise. Another problem is the sound volume in cinemas and shows - of ten too much for my youngest but he takes industrial strength earplugs and that works for him.
You learn what works and what doesn't the hard way :)

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:42 pm

My son John (11) still wears his industrial ear muffs on some attractions!

At Disneyland he finds Tough to be a Bug, parts of the Haunted Mansion and Honey I shrunk the Audience to be too loud. He wears them on Indy too but I think thats because he is scared!

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Just wanted to add my thanks for the links as well Sandie.

I'm sure I've mentioned my best friend and her family are currently in the States and about to descend on DL... ( :mrgreen: :D ) her two boys have special needs as well ( Autism) . One of her boys and I share this addiction to Disney and there were some concerns about him not feeling the magic because of his sensitvity to loud noise and busy crowds. The info in the links was perfectly timed and I"ve passed on the tips. He loves fireworks and the headphones were a fantastic idea that will make it all the more magic for him.

So thanks again...

Lisa */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby bigam » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:33 pm

The excitement is really starting now - we leave Thursday next week!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:05 am

The excitement is really starting now - we leave Thursday next week!
This is so awesome! Next time you go on a trip Kris (and there will be a next time - I sure!), we'll have to teach you how to stick a countdown clock on here!

With it only being another five days, I don't think we need one this time! :D

We'll be thinking of you and jojozep next week - it'll be a great adventure for your families.

Say "Hi" to Mickey for us all!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby RickGainsmith » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:00 am

One of the best things I can recommend for any visitor (especially with kids) is getting "The unofficial guide to Disneyland" book off amazon. I have organised several trips (all trips over 8 people ranging from 6 months to 70 years of age), and this book is fantastic. The day planners are great, helps a lot when kids all have opinions on what to do next, you let one kid hang onto the planner for an hour or so then swap, you always know what ride to do next and theirs no arguments of who wants to do what and when. A life saver!

We recently got back for doing the parks in Queensland, on my god! We had tears because one wanted to visit the waterslides next and the other wanted something else I can't remember, with the planner everyone knew it would save time in waiting in lines etc and went with it.

Oh, and it reviews every eatery in and around the park!
Rick

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby bigam » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:45 pm

It sounds like a really good idea so I'll see if i can find it before we go or even when we're over there.

I'm really hoping that we win another trip to Disney one day but don't know how long the boys will be happy to tag along with their "old" folks! It would be great if this was an annual competition - but this time with some spending money included! Coming so soon after Christmas and just before school goes back - ouch!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:43 am

but don't know how long the boys will be happy to tag along with their "old" folks
That will pass! After six Disney trips with my kids I am so looking forward to 2019 when we have our first one for what will be 20 years without the little cash suckers!!!!!!! And then I am looking forward to some with my grandkids!

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:17 am

I'm also hoping one day the kids will get to that stage of not wanting to tag along but I feel that day is long time coming. :lol:

I've had a quick check of the closures in DL and the whole rivers of America is closed, again for us. 3 trips now and it's only been open once. Oh well more time for other pursuits I suppose, like gumbo in a bread bowl :wink:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:15 am

and the whole rivers of America is closed, again for us. 3 trips now and it's only been open once.
Wow - what are the odds for that - they only close it once every five years or so! There is a lot of maintenance occuring at the moment, so you'll see quite a lot of walls in both parks.

Better make sure you have good ponchos as well - I see that it is going to be very wet in Anaheim all this week.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby bigam » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:06 am

Told hubby the weather doesn't look good on Friday - raining and 13 degrees. His response - that's all right - it's all about the food for me so we'll do some eating!
Can't believe it's the day after tomorrow!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:39 am

it all comes around really fast huh? are you all packed :D

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:41 am

I've been counting down for you too :D You'll have an amazing time :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Hmm, cold and wet, something different. Bigam hope you have a wonderful time.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby bigam » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:00 am

certainly beats unrelenting heatwaves!

CAn't beleive we leave tomorrow! I'm mostly packed but it's the fiddly bits and pieces that I'm chasing down now. I was packing the boys Winter stufff and it smelled a bit musty until I realiesed they were dirty! Looks like they had crammed dirty Winter stufff in back of wardrobe confident the washing fairy would find it! Spent last night rewashing it all!
Am i a bit wierd for buying new knickers and socks for everyone before we go on a trip somewhere? Thank goodness Rio has a comptetion!

In cas e I don't a chance to do so I'd like to thank everyone for all of your help and enthusiasm! There is obvioulsy something magical about this site if by joining it I win a trip 2 hours later!! This is a dream come true and the information about Disney and Autism has been invaluable.

I will diefinitley do a report when we get home - you may even see us on current affairs program becasue if i have heard correctly, there's going to media there for the PR. I think I'll get all teary when the boys will figure it out. My 15 yo was up early this morning and when I asked why he said he didn't know. I asked if he was excited about trip to Sydney and he replied that maybe was looking forward to it afterall! 17 yo is trying to convince me he should stay home and look after the cat! bet he changes his mind at 9.15pm tomorrow when flight officially takes off!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”