Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Greg's Disneyland adventure

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Greg's Disneyland adventure

Postby calisota » Fri May 15, 2009 5:41 am

Okay guys, advice needed.

I won't be there until April 2010 and won't be making any bookings until probably January but where do you think I should stay. Remember that it will be the last stop on my trip and money will be becoming tight. My first thought was the Super 8 Motel just down the road. It's pretty crappy but all I need is a bed and a place within walking distance. I'm looking at the Disney site now to see what prices are like at the Disney hotels as a ticket/room package (just to scare myself) and am open to other suggestions for places to stay.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Greg's Disneyland adventure

Postby KeithS » Sat May 16, 2009 11:23 am

You should maybe look at the Desert Inn - it is a budget hotel, but it is right across the road from the Disneyland entrance on the main hotel strip on Harbor Blvd.

Gerard is staying there this September for the Expo - he can tell you how much he got it for. It will save you a lot of walking and time being right across the road - I promise you that!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Tue May 19, 2009 12:45 pm

my travel agent found cheaper accomidation at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, its more centraly located for both Disneyland and the Anaheim Convention Centre for D23

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue May 19, 2009 11:51 pm

my travel agent found cheaper accomidation at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, its more centraly located for both Disneyland and the Anaheim Convention Centre for D23
That is a good price. Okay, it's on my list of potential places.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed May 20, 2009 9:45 am

The Menage where I stayed had some fantastic deals online, people that I spoke to while I was there had some unbelievably cheap rates... ( much less than what I paid :evil: ) might be worth a look, cos its not too far ( easy walk) but right on the highway so the outside rooms are a little noisy but the ones facing the pool are fine which keeps the rates down for such a swish place. just a thought.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Sun May 24, 2009 9:05 pm

I've stayed at the Plaza Inn and Suites and found it more than adequate. The rooms were rather large, we had a fridge in our room and it was really close to the parks.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat May 30, 2009 10:53 am

Are you planning to be at each of these parks at one of their most busy time of the year?

TDR - New Years
Disneyland - Spring Break/Easter

I say find the cheapest place right near the crossing and stay there. That way you have a quick escape to your room if you need it after one to many thrilling rides on Peter Pan (oh wait that leaves the ground doesn't it?) or if you buy something too big to carry.

Sandie

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”