Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

White powder found in DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

White powder found in DL

Postby calisota » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:22 am

Just posted a news story on the front page about white powder being found on ticket booths shortly after opening.

My thought is: would you be willing to risk a death from anthrax to be one of the few that got into the park before they stopped all the rest, just so that you had the place almost to yourself?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: White powder found in DL

Postby ajp » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:33 am

You're coming thick and fast with the thought provoking questions today, another doozy.

If there was any serious threat that the white powder was anthrax, they wouldn't let you even close to the park. They only found it on the ticket booths, which fortunately are away from the park entrances, so as long as you had a prepaid ticket, there was no problems. So in this case, I'd risk it. In our collective case we've travelled a long way, and if that's how I'm going to go, then so be it. Even if it became airborn, the risk is wider that just the park, so unless you managed to not be outside for a few days afterwards, you're going to be at risk.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 am

My thought is: would you be willing to risk a death from anthrax to be one of the few that got into the park before they stopped all the rest, just so that you had the place almost to yourself?

Greg
I thought about this one for a bit and I reckon that if there was any chance of it actually being anthrax then the whole park would be cleared so fast your head would spin - regardless whether you had been allowed entry already. So with that in mind, given that there were people still wandering the park, I'd risk it... just the thought of a walk on Space Mountain would be enough really.

And considering that I was in Bali when Soharto was ousted in amongst all the associated riots and mayhem, and lived to tell the tale, I'm pretty sure I'd be going through those turnstiles.

I'd also put money on your sailing through the gates without a second thought too Greg. :wink:

Lisa. :cat:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:18 pm

would you be willing to risk a death from anthrax to be one of the few that got into the park before they stopped all the rest, just so that you had the place almost to yourself?
I'm actually a 'survivor' of an anthrax hoax. Some years ago, just after the US anthrax problem, my office received an envelope containing just powder. We were locked down and the hazmat fire brigade and police attended (in their bio-suits, no less!)

Of course, it wasn't anthrax, and in speaking with the hazmat blokes, they said it would be a million to one if real anthrax could be produced in a backyard lab in Australia. The US attack came from a professional laboratory doing anthrax research and was instigated by a doctor with a grudge against the government.

So now, I don't take any notice of powder - it is either a hoax, or just innocent spillage (or college students throwing flour bombs!) - I would have gone into Disneyland without fear!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

churros
Annual Pass