Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disneyland Resort Hotel Review Thread

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disneyland Resort Hotel Review Thread

Postby KeithS » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:04 pm

Welcome to the Down Under Disneyana DLR Hotel Review Thread!

This thread will allow our members to post reviews of hotels within the Disneyland Resort area. Please use the simple form layout provided below to ensure consistency for each review. Just cut and paste the form layout into your new message and fill in the details!

Name of Hotel:

Price you paid for room:

Was this price high season/low season?

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc):

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc):

Onsite/offsite:

Transportation to parks available:

What you liked:

What you didn't like:

Would you stay here again:
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:14 pm

Name of Hotel: Park View Inn

Price you paid for room: $35US

Was this price high season/low season? Low

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Next door to IHOP, pool

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc): nothing special

Onsite/offsite: off-site

Transportation to parks available: just walk

What you liked: This is the closest hotel to the park entrances excepting the Grand Californian. Plus you could lie in bed and see the fireworks.

What you didn't like:

Would you stay here again: Yes

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:32 am

Name of Hotel: Best Western Park Place Inn

Price you paid for room: Can't remember (2005) but more expensive than the Park View - I think it was around $90.

Was this price high season/low season? Shoulder (although May of 2005 was the launch of 50th celebrations and it was packed...)

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Pool, laundry, security deposit box in lobby. Complimentary breakfast at Captain Kidd's restaurant next door.

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc): TV, fridge, tea and coffee making.

Onsite/offsite: Offsite (right at the traffic lights on Harbor Blvd - can't get any closer without being at the Grand Californian - it is the other side of the IHOP from Sandie's Park View Hotel - see above review)

Transportation to parks available: Walk (park entrance just across the road)

What you liked: Location, location, location.

What you didn't like: Probably needed a refit back in 2005 - I have a feeling that this has now been done.

Would you stay here again: Yes, without hesitation due to its convenient location.
Keith

Trip history:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:37 am

Name of Hotel:Tropicana Inn

Price you paid for room: Package - no idea

Was this price high season/low season? Shoulder (Oct 2006)

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Pool, small breakfast room upstairs, maybe some other stuff I never asked about or found!

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc): Cable TV, safe, fridge, tea and coffee. There was a small convenience store at the hotel entrance with very cheap internet access.

Onsite/offsite: Offsite - Harbor Blvd, not far from the lights.

Transportation to parks available: Short walk (across road from entrance)

What you liked: Newly refurbished room was terrific.

What you didn't like: Kids running around in room above us! (thump, thump, thump of excited feet on the floor)

Would you stay here again: Definitely.
Keith

Trip history:

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disneyland Resort Hotel Review Thread

Postby ajp » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:47 am

Name of Hotel: Anabella Hotel

Price you paid for room: Can't remember what we paid, but it goes for around $US90

Was this price high season/low season? We stayed in high

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Restaurant (quite a good one too), 2 pools, business centre with internet, Beauty Parlour (hair, makeup etc), souvenir shop, plenty of parking (free)

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc): Fridge, Coffee maker, TV with usual cable channels, 2 Queen beds (in our room anyway)

Onsite/offsite: Offsite, on Katella Ave near Corner of S Disneyland Drive, behind DCA

Transportation to parks available: ART picks up out the front, no shuttle from hotel. Walk down Disneyland drive to DtD. Walk down Katella to Convention Centre and cross the road into the car park and take the tram (until Carsland is built anyway).

What you liked: The easy access to the park via car park and tram. Comfortable location. Hot full breakfast included in deal for Australians. Our favourite eatery, Cocos, just a 2 minute stroll. Good parking for when we had the car.

What you didn't like: Nothing, we love this place! But, it is probably a little too far for that rush back for the coats trip. Having said that it takes about 15-20 minutes round trip from the gate.

Would you stay here again: Absolutely!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:32 pm

Ok, well I'm still here in Anaheim but I can review it cos I can't sleep and it'll give me something to do:

Name of Hotel: The Menage

Price you paid for room: Can't remember exactly - about middle of the road pricing because of late booking and it being the start of the Summer Holidays over here(does that help)

Was this price high season/low season?just the beginning of the high season as I understand it.

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Great Restaurant ( fab food - fast room service ) Newly renovated pool/bar/foyer is fantastic. Free unlimited wifi internet access. ATM machine in lobby (small fee per transaction) ART tourist transport stop. Valet parking.

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc):no fridge or room safe. Huge plasma screen TV on the wall. Pay to view movies. Cable TV that I haven't even turned on. rooms serviced daily. Open air 'warehouse' feel room. limited storage space. Hair dryer that is plenty powerful enough ( this is really important). Coffee machine ( no tea :( ) ample powerpoints. Fantastically comfortable bed.

Onsite/offsite: offsite, but just down the road ( 10 minute walk max)

Transportation to parks available: ART tourist transport stop ( tickets available at the concierge) Shuttle arrive every 20-30 minutes. This same transport system can get you to wonderful shopping centres, ball parks and other tourist stops around Anaheim.

What you liked: Friendly helpful staff. The free Wifi was the main drawcard. The pool is just fantastic and you can sit out on a banana lounge by the pool and watch the fireworks (or in my case - open the curtains and lie on the sofa ) - best view I've had of them. They must be set off just outside the grounds of this hotel as they are unually loud and you can 'feel' them go off. Proximity to the park. Starbucks and convenience store across the road. having the ATM in the foyer is a godsend.

What you didn't like:This hotel is bordered on three sides by freeway. It is very noisy. having said that, that hasn't bothered me, but I've heard others (almost daily) ask to be shifted rooms. If you consider this place - ask for a room facing the pool and it is much less noticable because of the blaring music they play by the pool to disguise the traffic noise. But that didn't bother me either as it was good music. Something I didn't like was the tiny safe deposit boxes that really only hold your passport. An in-room safe would have been better, as I didn't always feel confident that my stuff was safe.
Which leads me into my main issue with this place. The housekeeping staff. Everyday, they forget to do something - like one day I had no toilet paper. Another day, they took all the soap and I had none. Numerous days the sheets didn't reach the bottom of the bed so it was like it had been short sheeted - and I'm not overly tall. And I had some misgivings about their honesty. I had food disappear. Such was my concern, I locked everything of value up in my cases every day before leaving the room. If I spent the day in my room - which I did several times - the housekeeping staff were not all that thrilled that I stayed while they tidied ( they couldn't put on the radio real loud or the air-con on full blast like they did in every other room) and made no attempt to hide their feelings. Also, they have another 'inspector' that goes into your room daily later in the day to 'check' on the housekeeping quality. Also the walls are paper thin. I could plainly hear people chatting in the surrounding rooms every morning and evening. Babies crying, incy wincy spider sessions and rowdy Grad nighters were all easily audible on a daily basis.

Would you stay here again:[/quote] hmmm... having said all the above... possibly yes. It was convenient to the park, the room was lovely and very comfortable. Just bring locks and ear plugs and you are set.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby RickGainsmith » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Name of Hotel: Disney's Grand Californian Hotel

Price you paid for room: Aprox $400US per night

Was this price high season/low season? Low season

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Everything you could dream of, lovely pools, slides, restaurants, character dining, its own entrance to DCA.

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc): Fridge, 32in LCD, DVD Player, Specific Disney channels, example, channel with princess stories to get the kids off to sleep, channel for the fire works music (which we could see from the room).

Onsite/offsite: Onsite.

Transportation to parks available: Less than 5 minute walk to DCA, 15 to DL

What you liked: The magic, from dusk till dawn we felt like we were still in a disney park. With 3 rooms and 9 people we were able to quickly duck in and out of the parks for afternoon sleeps.

What you didn't like: The price, I'd love to stay their every year!

Would you stay here again: For sure!
Rick

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Sounds brilliant! I feel a trip report is required Rick!

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby RickGainsmith » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 pm

I will work on the trip report, give me a few days. :-)
Rick

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby bigam » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel?

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Most certainly have bigam. And we enjoyed it so much, we will be booking it again for this next trip as well. The rooms are well sized and comfortable. They sleep 5 with 2 queen beds and a sofa (which is a full size single bed when made). Restaurant is great and it is reasonably close to DCA through the Grand Californian entry. I'll do a proper review to fit this thread.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:28 pm

I have stayed at PPH too and found it quite nice. It was a few years back now... 2001! So I can't remember much more than I liked it :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Name of Hotel: Paradise Pier Hotel (Concierge Level)

Price you paid for room: US$1950 5 nights including 6 day pass for 4 people

Was this price high season/low season? Low

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Restaurant with character breakfast, Gift shop, pool, games room, cafe, concierge services

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc): Fridge, safe, sleeps 5 (2queens and very comfortable sofa bed), limited cable channels including Disney channels

Onsite/offsite: "Onsite" although in Anaheim that's a misnomer

Transportation to parks available: Not that I know of. Walk across the road through the Grand Californian for exclusive access into DCA or into DTD for Monrail or access into DL.

What you liked: The PP is a very good and comfortable hotel. The staff can not do enough for you and are friendly and helpful. We had a park view which is a great park view. Concierge services are a little expensive but I would do that again because it becomes quite convenient to have them, especially for breakfast and a quiet afternoon beer before the night attack on the parks. Rooms are good size and well appointed.

What you didn't like: A little too far from either DL or the monorail station, but it's not a biggy.

Would you stay here again: Definitely, over and over and also do concierge again (one day anyway).

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:31 am

Name of Hotel: Best Western Stovall Inn

Price you paid for room: Booked in package through TA, but it was around 110 ish a night

Was this price high season/low season? More high than low as it was leading up to Thanksgiving

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Free internet (wifi), Pools, Laundry, Free breakfast (hot and cold) but no restaurant, 24Hr lobby, parking

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc): Fridge, bathroom, TV, wifi, limited cable channels (I think, because we didn't turn on the TV)

Onsite/offsite: Offsite

Transportation to parks available: No shuttle available, however the ART stop is right out the front.  Walk to downtown takes about 10 mins (hint, walk through the GC on the way back to save time)

What you liked: Proximity to parks was close enough (I wouldn't get any further away for no transport), Coco's is right next door which offer great food and very good prices, the breakfast was filling and had good variety

What you didn't like: Rooms showing their age (but still comfortable), breakfast quality wasn't great and the amount of people there in the room was mad, the walk back after a long day was possibly a tad too long (I am getting older you know)

Would you stay here again: I would stay here again if I was looking for value accommodation.  With the Anabella now flattened, it is a viable alternative for us (although we'd look at going back to PP anyway).

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland”