Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Your house is on fire...

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Your house is on fire...

Postby calisota » Wed May 25, 2005 5:25 pm

Lets assume for a moment that your house is on fire. Let's also assume that your spouse, kids , cats , dogs and family photos are safe. You now have time to grab one piece of Disney memorabilia. What would it be?

Or would it be Disney related at all?

For myself it would probably have to be a pile of lithographs signed by the late, great Carl Barks. It would be damned difficult to get him to sign any more. :(

Greg

p.s. 100 points for anyone who knows the significance of my nickname and its Disney-relatedness. :)

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:25 pm

I'd just let my house burn to the ground! It is full of 'junk' that I cannot throw out, but if it was forced on me, I'd probably wouldn't miss it...

Though I'd have to save the Disney DVD collection...and all the stuff I bought in Disneyland...and...oh - I hope my house doesn't burn down :)

KeithS

ps. Calisota is the state where Duckburg is located.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:32 am

I'd just let my house burn to the ground! It is full of 'junk' that I cannot throw out, but if it was forced on me, I'd probably wouldn't miss it...

I can identify with that so much it's scary. It's just the fact that I'm so under-insured that would be a worry. Think how much fun you could have with a new and empty house and a very large insurance cheque.
Though I'd have to save the Disney DVD collection...and all the stuff I bought in Disneyland...and...oh - I hope my house doesn't burn down :)

I hope your house doesn't burn down. I hope my house doesn't burn down either. :shock:
ps. Calisota is the state where Duckburg is located.

100 points! Are you a Duck fan or just a guru on Disney stuff?

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:04 pm

I used to be a Duck fan (definitely not a guru as Sydney club members will attest!)

I used to collect DD comics when I was a kid - I had a bunch of them from around 1979-1983. Unfortunately, mum cleaned them out many years ago before the idea of collectible comics became fashionable!

When computers took over as a hobby in 1983 - comics were replaced by games...that is until I rediscovered Disney music and animation in 1991 with Beauty and the Beast...

KeithS

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:12 pm

It would be Disney, but it's really hard to choose from them all! I'll have a bit of a think and I'll decide on a definate piece of memorabilia.
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:25 am

I'll have a bit of a think and I'll decide on a definate piece of memorabilia.
-James
That's probably why it would be easiest to just sit back and let everything burn. If I had to stand there and decide on one thing the fire would be out before I reached my decision.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:29 am

Unfortunately, mum cleaned them out many years ago before the idea of collectible comics became fashionable!

This is such a common refrain. The exact same thing happened to me and I have great delight in pointing out to my mother just how much it's cost me to replace all the ones she made me throw out. 30 odd years later and she stills regrets making me do it. :D

When computers took over as a hobby in 1983 - comics were replaced by games...that is until I rediscovered Disney music and animation in 1991 with Beauty and the Beast...

This would actually make for an interesting thread. I may start it in another topic. What started the Disney interest and/or rekindled it?

Greg

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:16 am

That's probably why it would be easiest to just sit back and let everything burn. If I had to stand there and decide on one thing the fire would be out before I reached my decision.
That would probably be the best thing to do! LOL!
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Memorabilia”