Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney Pins

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney Pins

Postby mushu mama » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:10 pm

I thought seeing as there was all this animated talk about the pins I'd start its own thread.
I have mine mounted on the cheap canvas's you can buy everywhere now, they just sit next to my desk so i can see what i have and want to trade.
What a brilliant idea. :!: I am so pinching that one. And you could scrapbook the canvas Disney Style.... I'm liking that....

I keep my pins in a DL tin with Disney Heroes all over it. Cute tin, but I can't see the pins. Using a canvas is inspired.

I've not done any trading and wouldn't want to part with the pins I have. But I have seen that people sell bags full of pins on eBay that you can use to trade at the parks or online. Haven't gone down that track yet, but might one day.

I often worried about losing a pin - didn't know you could get screw on backs. Obviously theres a lot for me to learn about the Disney Pin craze. :)

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

trading pins

Postby gabrielle2106 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:57 pm

Bewary of buying bulk pins off ebay, many are scrappers or fakes, many are just Euro pins (not highly desired by traders). Best to do your homework first, check out Pinpics and Dizpins..for all you want to know.
I've bought pins off ebay only to find they are cheap asian copies, but we live and learn. Currently I buy off http://www.pincastle.com
They will even go visit the park and pick up the pins you want, you only pay cost plus postage (and she is very reasonable with postage), she will also shop around to secure pins for you at the parks from traders....some others are not as honest.
At the parks beware of trading sharks, there are those that convince newbies that their pins are not worth trading, then get you to purchase 2 rack pins to trade them for one of their pins...its a good lerk if you can make it work.
Some pin sharks send their cute little kids up to you, with stories of 'people won't trade with me' etc...(like Puss in Boots in Shrek), to get valuable pins.
If you visit Dizpins site, goto boards, down to "the pin gallery' thread, some brilliant pics of mounted pins there.
Vicki

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: trading pins

Postby mushu mama » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:31 pm

Best to do your homework first, check out Pinpics and Dizpins..for all you want to know.
these sites are a wonderland of info. Thanks.
I've bought pins off ebay only to find they are cheap asian copies, but we live and learn.
YEP! I've learned since visiting Dizpins, that one set that I bought from eBay are fakes! nice fakes, but fakes none the less!

Some pin sharks send their cute little kids up to you, with stories of 'people won't trade with me' etc...(like Puss in Boots in Shrek), to get valuable pins.
Now this floored me! I'd have been an easy target..... I'd have said yes in a heartbeat. :oops:
what do they call them? Guppies?

it must happen a lot if they have a name for them. Thats astounding.
..... and kind of creepy.
if you visit Dizpins site, goto boards, down to "the pin gallery' thread, some brilliant pics of mounted pins there.

They had some great ways of displaying their pins. I loved the framed ones. But the best idea yet is on that canvas. That is a 'must do' scrapping job for me ASAP.

~ Lisa ~ :)
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:46 pm

Lisa - make it smaller than 12x12 so you can upload a photo!!!!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:28 am

Lisa - make it smaller than 12x12 so you can upload a photo!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You got it.......

haven't given up on the 12 x 12's - just haven't had time to make another attempt.

I'll get them there yet :D

~Lisa ~

gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

New pins

Postby gabrielle2106 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:43 am

I just got the new valentines day pins and some of the new annual passholder ones, they're so nice and bright..just love them. Been trading a fair bit lately, i have 10 pins to send off today. I'm trying to collect the Grand Californian hotel ones, I also collect the sorcerer and just mickey. I don't collect the ones in a scene, just the ones that are a character on their own..if you know what i mean.
Vicki

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Memorabilia”