Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

COLLECTION

gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

COLLECTION

Postby gabrielle2106 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:03 pm

Just asking, who collects what here.
We (the family) all collect pins, I collect the sorcerer, dh collects Annual Passholder pins, dd collects Tink and Marie.

I have a large collection of plush mickey's and minnies,and of course my collection of Mickey ears. I have the original, the LE mickey mouse club ears, the golden ears and the July 17th dated Golden ears. I have the Year of a Million dream ears, the Where dreams are made ears, the princess pirate ears, hawaiian ears etc etc... dd collects Tink anything. DH collects watches, he has quite a few of the Artist drawn coloured watches that are available at Time Works, but also has a few vintage watches.

Cant get enough magic in your life without Disney!!

Vicki

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:57 pm

Heyya Vicki,

Between Della and I, we collect pins (ones we like, no matter what they depict - but we never have dupes so trading is not an option for us, we just buy, buy, buy!), Mickey ears (got different ones from all around the world), disney plush, character autographs, useless stuff (like napkins, salt sachets, plastic bags etc - basically garbage :) ) Disney DVDs & CDs, books, park maps (can't get enough of these!) and probably other stuff that slips my mind!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

garbage

Postby gabrielle2106 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:36 pm

i also collect the 'garbage' stuff, i have a close friend who is a cm who sends me lots as it comes out. Another lady i trade a lot of pins with also sends me lots of the newer stuff so i don't miss out between trips.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:51 am

Well, an easier question would have been, what do I NOT collect. :oops:

If its Disney, theres a fair chance it will end up in my collection of 'stuff'.

But to narrow down the main areas of collection in no particular order:

comics
Disneyland memorabilia (particularly the early stuff, eg: guide books, postcards,swap cards, maps)
Disney Plush (particularly Mickey - I have one that is almost as tall as me! :D)
DVD's
Pins (its only a small collection though - but aim on expanding it)
Mickey - and heaps of it(anything from crystal to rag dolls)
Donald Duck.

I also have an odd assortment of DL tins, photographic slides, movie posters( I had a friend at a cinema), CM uniforms and Maccas toys from here and o/s.

Nothing is too weird for my collection.

My newest obsession is the Disney 'parts' for my Mr Potato Head toy :lol: but I'm only going to buy them as I visit the parks - as mementos with sentiment attached, rather than just random accumulation.
But he's (MR. PH that is) having an identity crisis at the moment - he's Darth Vader right now...... :!:

And am another one guilty of 'garbage' collecting too. An empty plastic/paper bag with any random Disney picture on it is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

~ Lisa ~:)
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

collecting mickey

Postby gabrielle2106 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:56 am

I started out just collecting the sorcerer but now have lots of plush mickey's as well...we do have 8 lanyards full of pins, we have one each we wear when at the park, i also have my sorcerer lanyard just full of sorcerer pins, and my 'trip' with my pins i was given for 'year of a million dreams' along with my walk in walts pin and 2006 christmas tour pin, ohh and the tink pins they gave us for the year of a million. Dh has his ap lanyard, as well as a pirate lanyard and his year of a million lanyard, dd has her tink lanyard and year of a million. I also have a spare lanyard i keep just my traders on at the park, makes it easy and the pins we don't trade we have the screw on backs on so we can't lose them.
vicki

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Memorabilia”