Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Photos

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Photos

Postby mushu mama » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:52 pm

I came home with over 9000.  All RAW files
You win :D
And I really thought I was not going as overboard as I was.  :lol:  Keep in mind though, it was a first for all the places I was visiting so I'll probably only take a fraction of that many next time.... 
ok... yeah... I probably will take a gazillion next time too.  :wink:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:55 pm

Gee 9000 that'll keep you busy!  Great to hear so many shoot in RAW and I'm not the only one processing loads of photos.  I use PhotoShop, but use the Canon software to download and don't have issues opening anything in PhotoShop when I need it.  I also take some shots to hopefully use as a background.
I'm not all that experienced with photoshop so it scares me a little and Lightroom is so quick for me now ( when it works) that my workflow is more efficient.  I'm thinking it might be an issue with the actual harddrive as the SD cards will upload no problem.  Which will make me cry because its the only place I have them stored at this point.  
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

DisneyKaren
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby DisneyKaren » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:05 am

I just found out the Fuji camera I borrowed recently the photos don't show up in Bridge.  Apparently I need to do an update although need to increase my data download limit first.  Try doing an update in Lightroom, hopefully it you click on or run your mouse over 'help' it will come up in the options below.
Am interested in your blog as the photo group I was in shut down our website.  I'll be trying a new online photo gallery before my next holiday, however interested in anyone's feedback in the best online galleries and/or blogs - free is always best but a very small fee may be ok.
1996: Disneyland & Epcot | 2001: EuroDisney | 2014: DLR & DLRP | 2015: WDW | 2017: DLR, Aulani, TDR | 2018: DLR | 2020: SDR & HKDL | 2023: WDW

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:54 am

I'm not all that experienced with photoshop so it scares me a little and Lightroom is so quick for me now ( when it works) that my workflow is more efficient.  I'm thinking it might be an issue with the actual harddrive as the SD cards will upload no problem.  Which will make me cry because its the only place I have them stored at this point.  
I wonder if it may be the format of the harddrive. Sometimes programs are particular about whether a drive is NTFS or FAT32.
Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:38 pm

I wonder if it may be the format of the harddrive. Sometimes programs are particular about whether a drive is NTFS or FAT32.
Greg
Hmmm... hadn't thought of that... thanks :)   I'll look into it, and now that I think of it, the first time I tried importing them some Jpegs that I had on the same HD did transfer but the NEF didnt.  

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:41 pm

I just found out the Fuji camera I borrowed recently the photos don't show up in Bridge.  Apparently I need to do an update although need to increase my data download limit first.  Try doing an update in Lightroom, hopefully it you click on or run your mouse over 'help' it will come up in the options below.
Am interested in your blog as the photo group I was in shut down our website.  I'll be trying a new online photo gallery before my next holiday, however interested in anyone's feedback in the best online galleries and/or blogs - free is always best but a very small fee may be ok.
thanks for that :) I'll try that too... 
I've been a little hesitant to upload too many photos since someone I traveled with passed off one of my photos as their own for a blog post to launch their own travel writing, which I ultimately wasn't able to do anything about because I didn't have a watermark on it ( I even proved ownership with metadata forwarded to the very well known travel site and they didn't care a whit)... it scared me off for a good year, but am going to get back into it again now... I'll post a link when I have it launched.  :)

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Memorabilia”