Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Vinylmation - any fans?

moonzoom74
A Ticket
A Ticket

Vinylmation - any fans?

Postby moonzoom74 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi everyone,

Im new to the forum. Ive just returned from my third trip to Disneyland (im addicted). While I was there I discovered Disney's Vinylmation - collections of 3 inch mickey figures that come in sets with particular themes. You can see more at http://www.vinylnation.net . I was wondering whether anyone else out there is a fan of these little collectables? I have some doubles (you have to buy them in sealed boxes and you dont know what you have bought until you open it - a very addictive little ploy all on its own 8) ) and i know ill be buying more as future collections are released.

Im wondering whether I might find some fellow vinylmation addicts out there :D

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Vinylmation - any fans?

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:25 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Funny you should ask... my best friend just arrived home from DL today and guess what she bought me? yep... a vinylmation figure... I got the pirate from series #3 ( I think) it is my first, but most likely not my last. -/ They're kind of cute, but will be down the list from the fluffies, Mickey ears and pins that are my DL loot of choice.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:13 am

Welcome moonzoom74, it's great to getting new members on here.

Managed to walk past them often, didn't appeal to me at all. I was watching an Australian couple though, in the shop in Adventureland (where they sell Indy hats) and they bought heaps - addicted obviously. There are so many different styles, it's amazing.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

moonzoom74
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby moonzoom74 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:28 am

Yes that couple in Adventure land sound exactly like my partner and I! We needed another two to complete the set and just kept buying those boxes (would have been cheaper to buy the whole case :lol: )

They are introducing a new muppets range soon so my addiction will continue.

Hopefully over time I will manage to find some other fans and get some trading happening over here (just as they do in the US for the pins, and now for the Vinylmation figures). Unfortunately purchasing from the US is just a little expensive.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:15 am

Ive just returned from my third trip to Disneyland (im addicted).
Then you've come to the right place! Lots of addicted fans here too!
Yes that couple in Adventure land sound exactly like my partner and I!
How funny would that be - I'd laugh out loud if you guys had actually run into each other over there!

As for Vinylmations, I've got a couple that I bought last year when we went for the D23 Expo. If got the D23 and the Halloween 2009 limited releases, but my partner Della bought a couple of boxes from the standard series. However, we only bought one box from each series to avoid duplicates! Did you buy the Vinylmation pins too? We bought a couple of boxes of these and were lucky not to get any duplicates. They had all the Muppet ones on display at the Expo and Della took a shine to them, but like you said - they are a little too expensive to ship them out here.

I think we bought the Vinylmations more as a curiosity rather than a new collection - mainly because there isn't much scope here in Australia to trade!

Where do you live Moonzoom? If you are in Sydney, feel free to come along to our first club meeting of the year on 6 Feb! I can tell you now that we have some great lucky door and raffle prizes courtesy of Hong Kong Disneyland at the up coming meeting ;)

(And that goes to all the other new members who are reading our website - come along!)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

moonzoom74
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby moonzoom74 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:51 am

Thanks Keith,

Unfortunately im in Canberra so I wont be able to make the club meeting (though it sounds very cool indeed :D ).

My trip this time was quite exciting as we were part of a competition winners group courtesy of Disney and V Australia so we were very spoilt.

Ive never been to Disney World so that is definately on my list of must sees. Im hoping that I can squeeze that one in on a trip to South America next year (money permitting of course). Any recommendations on how long you need to spend there to see the basics? Ive heard its a lot bigger than Disneyland and California adventure.

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:14 pm

2 weeks minimum - seriously! 4 parks, 2 water parks, 1 shopping district, dozens of resorts, mini golf, golf courses and that's inside the bubble. In the Orlando area you have Universal, Seaworld, water parks and 1 hr away Kennedy Space Centre and the Disney Cruiseline. Too much to do!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:25 pm

We went once for 2 weeks and I won't do it again - three weeks is a minimum!

I shake my head sadly at people who tell me they are going to WDW for just a few days :shock:

Sandie

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:42 am

Unfortunately im in Canberra so I wont be able to make the club meeting (though it sounds very cool indeed :D ).
Hey - you are the second new person to join us recently who is in Canberra - you guys will be able to start up your own club down there soon! Stephen (tassaj on the forum) is down there.

No worries - but if you find yourself up in Sydney on a weekend that a meeting is being held, don't hesitate to drop in.
Keith

Trip history:

Corinna
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Corinna » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:34 am

Hi everyone,

Im new to the forum. Ive just returned from my third trip to Disneyland (im addicted). While I was there I discovered Disney's Vinylmation - collections of 3 inch mickey figures that come in sets with particular themes. You can see more at http://www.vinylnation.net . I was wondering whether anyone else out there is a fan of these little collectables? I have some doubles (you have to buy them in sealed boxes and you dont know what you have bought until you open it - a very addictive little ploy all on its own 8) ) and i know ill be buying more as future collections are released.

Im wondering whether I might find some fellow vinylmation addicts out there :D

Hi, Im new to the group and Vinyl collecting was looking for people to trade with as well as I have quite a few. and its too expensive to trade with the americans. Are you still looking for people trade with? I have been looking for a bit i even set up a facebook page a week ago to try and find some aussie vinyl ppl to trade with but its a slow process.

the link for the facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/1593577414196498/ if anyone is interested as i found anywhere else that has a trade site etc.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi Corinna and welcome to the forums.

I enjoy Vinylmations but I tend to just buy the collector editions linked to special events such as D23 Expo, Food and Wine Festival, Cast member exclusives etc. rather than the blind packet editions so I don't end up with duplicates.

Do you live in Sydney or elsewhere? If you are in Sydney, be sure to come to one of our meetings - we are thinking of themes for next year's meetings so we could even host a Vinylmation night :)
Keith

Trip history:

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Yes that couple in Adventure land sound exactly like my partner and I!
How funny would that be - I'd laugh out loud if you guys had actually run into each other over there!
I was just re-reding this thread, and relised Keith and moonzoom74, that our trip to Disneyland did coincide with the V Australia competition trip, so it is highly likely that the couple we saw was actually moonzoom74 and their partner.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Corinna
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Corinna » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Corinna and welcome to the forums.

I enjoy Vinylmations but I tend to just buy the collector editions linked to special events such as D23 Expo, Food and Wine Festival, Cast member exclusives etc. rather than the blind packet editions so I don't end up with duplicates.

Do you live in Sydney or elsewhere? If you are in Sydney, be sure to come to one of our meetings - we are thinking of themes for next year's meetings so we could even host a Vinylmation night :)
Unfortunately I am in Brisbane but depending on the dates I may be able to come down for the weekend so I will keep an eye out! Thanx

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:12 am

Unfortunately I am in Brisbane
That's a shame but keep an eye out for the dates when we post them early in the new year - maybe one of them will coincide with a Sydney visit :)
Keith

Trip history:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Memorabilia”