Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Mr. Potato Head

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Mr. Potato Head

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:37 pm

Ok, the last answer I posted made me ponder the Mr Potato Head phenomenon, but thought it should have its own thread.

I LOVE my Mr Potato Head. I still have my original Mr Potato Head from a looooong time ago, and I bought a huge box of accessories for my more modern version when I was in DL. He now has a Disneyland tourist ensemble, I can make him into Dumbo, Donald Duck, Goofy, Mrs Potato Head :shock: , and of course the original outfit - Darth Tater, amongst lots of other accessories, like Disneyland suitcases, badges, tiny mickey toys and an ever growing array of eyes, noses and glasses.

I really wanted the Taters of the Lost Ark set when I was in DL, but you had to buy the whole tater and all, and I knew that I wouldn't fit that in the suitcases.

I have also since discovered there is a Optimash Prime set ( I also have a soft spot for Transformers). I WANT IT.

Anyone else get a kick out of giving your Mr Potato Head a new look from time to time? or am I the only Mr Potato Head tragic on here?

Lisa. :cat:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Mr. Potato Head

Postby sandie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:00 pm

No - I love mine too! We actually alkso have the parts from an original Mr Potato Head - it was just face bits you stuck in a real potao!

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 pm

Yep, I've seen pictures of those 'poke them into a real potato' bits. Imagine how much mashed potato people had in those days... the house would have been full of trashed potatoes... so there wouldn't have been anything else you could do with them :lol: :lol:

Mine was the next gen I think... it had a lifelike shaped potato and a carrot and funny shoes I seem to remember. ( its in storage... haven't seen it again in years and years). Was there a cucumber or something green as well... ?

I also (once upon a time) had the little tater tots as well... not sure what happened to them... probably ended up as garage sale fodder when we moved I think. Millie loved them to death.

I hope to add to my 'parts' every time I end up back in a Disney park. It seems to be a big thing now.
I think there might be Toy Story Taters as well... '

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:55 am

I missed this whole trend. I've bought two of my nieces the whole Disney Potato Head thing though. I love the little accessories like the Mickey ears etc. I'm sure I'll be getting at least one for the kids when we get back over there :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:07 am

Mine was the next gen I think... it had a lifelike shaped potato and a carrot and funny shoes I seem to remember. ( its in storage... haven't seen it again in years and years). Was there a cucumber or something green as well... ?
I remember having that as well, we had them as kids. I thought the carrot was a head as well. Because we had a Carrot Head and I'm sure there were other vegetables that we didn't have like an onion and a tomato too. Although I will admit that I got pretty bored quickly with them and never even thought of taking it into adulthood. They never really apPEALED :P to me! And my kids had a go at them and never really took to them either.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:37 am

They never really apPEALED :P to me! And my kids had a go at them and never really took to them either.
:lol: Boom Boom..... :lol:

Yeah, I didn't give Mr Potato Head his dues again till recent times. But now he's one of the characters that people my day. :)

Lisa. :cat:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Memorabilia”