Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Golden Book Art at Disneyland

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Golden Book Art at Disneyland

Postby mushu mama » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:49 pm

Just thought I would share this info I came across today.

A new exhibit at DL has just opened in the Disney Gallery.
It features the original artwork from Little Golden Books from the 50's and 60's showcasing Disney films.

These are just beautiful. I'd love to see them....

there are a few to view on the Disney website, take a look....

http://www.register123.com/event/profil ... e=location

Does anyone have these LGB in their collection?
I'd love to know all the books they have artwork from.

*~Lisa~*
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:44 pm

Whoa - that will have to be one of the nicest gallery presentations ever. You know, I've never really looked too hard at the LGB artwork before, yet at most club meetings, we have members selling LGBs by the bag load. I've never thought of collecting them for the art...

...oh no...do I need to start a new collection?? (must stay strong and resist urges!!) :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:43 am

I'll have to check the storage (and mums place). I definitely had the Dumbo LGB as a youngun, and I can vaguely remember the Alice in Wonderland one as well. They look totally different in a nice set of frames to look as art and not as a kids reading book.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:42 pm

Whoa - that will have to be one of the nicest gallery presentations ever. I've never thought of collecting them for the art...
I think that exhibit would be great to see. I love the combination of the books and the Art that went into it.
I do have a LGB collection - some of them Disney, and the illustrations are the reason that I buy most of them.

I have a reprint of 'Peter Pan and Wendy' done in the 70's with the art work being faithful to the original. Same artist I would assume. Same "Mary Blair" style.
...oh no...do I need to start a new collection?? (must stay strong and resist urges!!) :D
:lol: :lol:
I've heard that same cry at many an antique fair....... and the answer is invariably YES!
They look totally different in a nice set of frames to look as art and not as a kids reading book.
exactly what I was thinking. The framing is just right.

My favourites were the Seven Dwarves and the 'Cinderella ready for the Ball' one.

My Disney LGB collection is mostly those set in Disneyland because thats the my favourite stuff to collect, but after this, I might be 'forced' to broaden that. :D

*~Lisa~* :D
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Books and Comics”