Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Some New Things

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Some New Things

Postby KeithS » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:23 am

Firstly, an update on The Disney Keepsakes that I mentioned earlier this year.

This has finally been released here in Australia, but under the UK title of "The Disney Experience". It is exactly the same boxed set as the US, just a different name - I guess they don't think that 'keepsakes' is such a common term in the UK.

It is available in most bookstores I've been to - RRP is $75.95, although you can get it cheaper on sale days. Angus & Robertson had 20% off all full price books the other day, so you can pick it up cheaper in those situations.

Also (although not a book - this could probably go in the movie section!) Trivial Pursuit has released a "Trivial Pursuit Disney DVD Edition", RRP around $65.00 but can be found much cheaper in some shops - shop around.

This game looks awesome and is in the same series as the recently released Trivial Pursuit Star Wars DVD and Lord of the Rings DVD editions.

If you want a handy website to look for upcoming Disney Stuff (video games, DVDs, trailers and movies) - try using the Australian Government's Office of Film and Literature Classification website (http://www.oflc.gov.au). You can search by title, production company, publisher etc and see what has been submitted for classification - often months before the release date. I knew the Trivial Pursuit was coming back in August, so I had been looking for it ever since :)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Some New Things

Postby calisota » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:03 pm

If you want a handy website to look for upcoming Disney Stuff (video games, DVDs, trailers and movies) - try using the Australian Government's Office of Film and Literature Classification website (http://www.oflc.gov.au).
What a top tip, I didn't even know about it.. Handy for all sorts of things.

I had a quick look for the book on a couple of Australian book sellers sites and then had a look for it on Amazon. It would actually be cheaper (but take longer) to get it from the States. :(

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

australiankaren
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby australiankaren » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:10 pm

hey,
I actually bought myseld the disney trivial pursuit game for christmas....its really good, and has heaps of obscure disney facts in it.

I got it for $49 at kmart during their toy sale.

Have a good one
WDW.....POFQ,POR, Contemporary
6-18 December 2006

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:25 pm

The Disney Trivial Pursuits are great games. I'm still waiting for Scene It to bring out their Disney edition to Australia. We saw it in the US last week along with a second DVD pack of new questions :(. We've got all the other Scene It trivia sets here (I've got the Harry Potter one and it is great) - why not the Disney one?
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Books and Comics”