Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Anyone else playing Kingdoms?

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Anyone else playing Kingdoms?

Postby calisota » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:35 pm

I woke up to the Jungle Book update this morning. 

500 gems for King Louie means he's unlikely to be gracing my park anytime soon.

There doesn't seem to be a villain for this one so just a gradual obtaining of the characters.

I kind of feel that this update is just a bit soon after  the whole Aladdin piece. I'm still trying to upgrade characters from a while ago.

A bit of new ground opening up will be handy.

On a different note: I feel like Tim Allen and John Ratzenberger are the real voices (either ripped from the movies or they got them to record specifically for the game) but there are times when Tom Hanks sounds like Kermit the Frog which makes me suspicious of who is doing it.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Has anyone given up and deleted this game? I swear that I'm this close to doing it.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:38 pm

I'm still playing through it - just a bit each morning and night - just ticking over the levelling and collecting whatever new characters I can get.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:14 pm

The bigger it gets the longer it takes to crank up, which is mildly annoying. When I collect my two daily gems for watching the ads I've been getting the same dragon ad for the last few days, also mildly annoying.

Problem is that I keep playing it just to be able to get into new lands when they open. I still look longingly at that pirate ship.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:09 pm

The Snow White event finished and I got nowhere near getting the Evil Queen or Grumpy.  In about five days, I got only four heart boxes and no ear hats for her - and I was playing constantly.  I really think they wanted people to spend money on that event...
Keith

Trip history:

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:26 pm

The Snow White event finished and I got nowhere near getting the Evil Queen or Grumpy.  In about five days, I got only four heart boxes and no ear hats for her - and I was playing constantly.  I really think they wanted people to spend money on that event...
Yeah, I got nowhere near the Queen either and I pretty much gave up on Grumpy from the outset, he just seemed like a cash grab. Of course with 6 dwarves and Snow White that felt like plenty of new characters to add to the roster and the amount of time setting tasks for everyone. I am yet to use the "sending a character home" feature because I'm a little concerned about missing out on some items, especially during an event, and missing out on smiley faces.

Greg

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:41 am

I got the Queen!  It was close, but I just managed to get her.  I concentrated on her and her alone as soon as she was unlocked.  Luckily, I was on holidays otherwise I wouldn't have had a chance.  Nowhere near Grumpy though.  Once I realised I wouldn't get him, i gave up.  I won't spend real money on the game.

I love the 'send home' feature.  Most of my characters are levelled up and the ones that aren't, I go in and see which characters drop items, set them up and then send everybody else home.  I only have the 7D, Alice and a few JB characters left to level up though so it's kinda easy.  Makes playing it so much easier and enjoyable, not having to scroll through a hundred characters every few hours.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:01 pm

I got the Queen!  It was close, but I just managed to get her.  
Damn, I'm impressed. I have the Snow White characters still to level up, the Toy Story alien, Shere Khan and the Caterpillar. Shere Khan is taking forever. Oh, and also the blue fairy from Sleeping Beauty who must have dropped somehow because I'm pretty sure i didn't buy her.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 am

Wow - I'm impressed you got the Queen. I was also on holidays and playing constantly but just didn't get any drops - like I said, I didn't even get a single ear hat in five days of constant playing!

I love the home feature too - I'm like you - just a few characters to level from the recent events.  I hope we get a break before the next event comes along.
Keith

Trip history:

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:48 pm

I love the home feature too - I'm like you - just a few characters to level from the recent events.  I hope we get a break before the next event comes along.
Okay, you've convinced me to take another look at the Home thing. I just fear I might miss out on something by having a character off the board.

Greg

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Books and Comics”