Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Cinderella rejigged.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Cinderella rejigged.

Postby mushu mama » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:33 pm

I just read an article about the new book that Disney has released that is a reworked version of the Cinderella story. And the story itself is supposed to be a departure from the usual Disney version of Cinderella, which is interesting.

The Author is Cynthia Rylant but the bit that really has me salivating is that the artwork is by Mary Blair. According to the article, they have sourced the original artwork by Blair both in the Disney archives and those pieces of the tale that are currently in private collections, that you are not so likely to see.
This is one book that I would love to get my hands on.
And the Alice in Wonderland one that is due out next year will be an absolute must. There's apparently a Peter Pan one in the works too.

For those that might not have seen it, here is the article
http://www.publishersweekly.com/article ... l?nid=2788&

despite giving the Disney princesses a serve from time to time, this is my favourite fable. My favourite telling of it is the French version by Charles Perrault "The Little Glass Slipper" with this my favourite part....

Moral: Beauty in a woman is a rare treasure that will always be admired. Graciousness, however, is priceless and of even greater value. This is what Cinderella's godmother gave to her when she taught her to behave like a queen. Young women, in the winning of a heart, graciousness is more important than a beautiful hairdo. It is a true gift of the fairies. Without it nothing is possible; with it, one can do anything.

And my favouite cinematic version is 'Ever After' ... I so want her wings. :)

So are you a 'Disney Cinderella only' person or are there other versions that you like?

This new book is currently selling for about US$12 on Amazon so that is not too bad really.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:28 pm

Ever After is an enjoyable version. But there was also a modern contemporary version, I think Hillary Duff was in it, but I can't remember the name of the movie (A Cinderalla Story comes to mind, but surely it can't be that obvious). Her father was the owner of a diner. This I also enjoyed.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:26 am

My daughter liked "A Cinderella Story" but I can't stand Hillary Snuff ( she gets up my nose :lol:) so I haven't seen it.
I usually like most of the versions of the Cinderella thing though.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Books and Comics”