Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Miley Cyrus Quitting?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Miley Cyrus Quitting?

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:27 pm

That was interesting reading the news article that either Keith or Greg posted earlier about Miley Cyrus thinking it was time to quit...
I'm sure Disney don't want to lose that little money spinner from their fold. Especially considering that her merchandising is cranked up to overdrive with almost every aisle in every department store having stuff that bears her name or face.

I guess they'll have to offer her more grown up stuff before long though, or she will outgrow the role anyway.
I suppose there would be young upstarts lined up eager to take her crown should that happen just the same.
Considering her impact, she'd be quite hard to replace though huh?

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Miley Cyrus Quitting?

Postby ajp » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:50 am

I suppose there would be young upstarts lined up eager to take her crown should that happen just the same.
Disney is the proverbial production line of young stars, always has been really. So this will not be a problem at all.
Considering her impact, she'd be quite hard to replace though huh?
I suppose we thought that of Hillary Duff at some stage. Where is she now? Don't hear a peep from her and Disney, now it's all Miley Cyrus. So soon, we'll be saying Mily who ... ?

I believe that these young kids who get caught in the mouse trap at an early age does tend to create troubles in itself. As you'll see from my upcoming IMHO (shameless plug) the image that Disney upholds can be Disney's undoing, especially these young kids who are still trying to find their place in the world and still need to learn to live, just like normal kids do. They'll make mistakes and they'll want to do different things, and not be bound to the groundhog day existence that we all get to in our adult years.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:09 am

Oh yeah... I'd forgotten about Hillary.... :shock:

Although, I'm not so sure she was quite the phenomenon that Miley has been. She had the concerts, and the movies and some merchandise, but I don't remember her stuff ABSOLUTELY everywhere like Miley. And Hillary branched out into cosmetics and things too. I could be just not remembering clearly though, thanks to my advancing years and all.

Yeah, I don't think its a very healthy way to grow up, being so regulated and primped. They really miss out on a lot by not being normal kids. And its astounding how many parents are right there pushing as hard as they can to put their kids in line for exactly the same thing. Trouble is, none of them will realise it till they are washed up at 16.

I wouldn't swap that farm with the taranaki gates for quids.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:41 am

So soon, we'll be saying Mily who ... ?
I'm kind of saying that now. I've never really taken much notice, partly because it really doesn't interest me and partly because a middle age man watching cartoons is one thing but a middle aged man watching a show about a teenage girl is just creepy.

I'm not so sure I feel too much sympathy for these child stars. The media may love to list all the ones that have gotten into trouble or faded from the lime light but they have still had a wonderful time while they were doing it, had experiences that few others get and have probably retired at an early age with enough money to do whatever they want for the rest of their lives. Spare a thought for all those kids living without the basics of life and having to work in sweat shops from the age of 4 and maybe what we call " a normal childhood" is very much in the minority in this world. I know that I'd take a couple of years of child stardom and a few million in the bank over the factory.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:04 pm

I still feel sad for those kids that miss out on what most would consider a normal childhood.
All I meant was that I guess most Australian kids fall somewhere in the middle ground between the two extremes of poverty and superstardom and that affords them a better chance to develop better 'life skills' .

I'm sure that having a few mill in the bank would smooth out a few of the wrinkles of a normal life, but does it make them any happier... somehow I doubt it.
Their next step might be rehab, bankruptcy due to mismanagement, or just bewilderment and therapy following it all coming to a screeching halt.

You'll get no argument from me that the sweat shops are abhorrent - and a lot of good people do a lot of good things to try and counter that situation. Unfortunately, while there are people in the world that will put money before a life, then stuff like that is all too common.

Lisa. */

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:24 pm

I get Disney news every day and she gets a hit several times a week - she only has to sneeze in the wrong direction and it gets reported! I think I might post a home video on youtube with me under a blanket crying "Leave Hanna Montanna alone!"

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:03 pm

I think I might post a home video on youtube with me under a blanket crying "Leave Hanna Montanna alone!"
As long as it's not misinterpreted as someone off camera telling you that. :oops:

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Television”