Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Saturday Disney

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Saturday Disney

Postby James » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:19 pm

Does anyone else here love Saturday Disney as much as I do? I love it and watch it every Saturday. What's everyone's thought's on it?
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:17 am

Hey James, I'm a fan - the only problem for me is that I'm not disciplined enough to wake up early every week...

I saw some of the show this morning - the last half hour with the article on Disney on Ice + Lilo and Stitch.

Welcome to the forum, we are trying to encourage as many postings as possible and get an active Australian Disney community up and running. I'd love to see this website take off!

KeithS

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:36 am

Hello Keith! I too used to have to get up half way through the show as I was in your position by not waking up early enough. But now I actually use three alarm clocks to get up, as I don't ever want to miss it. It might seem a bit stupid having three of them, but it is my only source of Disney TV and if I miss it I'll have to wait another week for my Disney fill.
I'll try to get this forum more active and I'll let more people know about it as I'll post about it on my other forums that I am registered with. I am hoping that this forum gets much more active, and we'll have a whole online commnity of Down Under Disneyana Forum users! And we'll be known as some of the first ever forum members! :D
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:34 am

I used to watch Saturday Disney each week as well but that was before the Net (I'm talking about 15 years ago now) and it was my only source of Disney news.

It was also the time of the "good" cartoons. Things like "Ducktales", "Darkwing Duck", "Tailspin" and so on.

Greg

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:06 am

I used to watch Saturday Disney each week as well but that was before the Net (I'm talking about 15 years ago now) and it was my only source of Disney news.

It was also the time of the "good" cartoons. Things like "Ducktales", "Darkwing Duck", "Tailspin" and so on.

Greg
Yeah I know what you mean. But some of the new cartoons are good, like Lilo and Stitch the series. But we all know that they'll get released to DVD before the good stuff like Ducktales, Goof Troop, Drakwing Duck, etc.
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:33 am

I do actually have a few episodes of DuckTales on video (that's the ancient pre-dvd format for you youngsters) and I just had a look at the dates on them. Turns out that I picked them up in the US back in 1989 the year before Ducktales the Movie came out. That makes them even older than you James.

A quick word of advice, if you have a choice between "Ducktales the Movie" or the original pilot movie for the series, "Ducktales: Treasure of the Golden Suns", choose the second one. It is much, much better and one that I would love to have a copy of. And this is from someone who has the poster for "Ducktales the Movie" on the wall behind me right now. :D

Greg

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:56 am

I haven't seen much of Ducktales, but I would love it if it was released to DVD, preferably season sets. I have one episode on tape, it was great, and I am hooked on it. I'll have to check out that pilot episode that you mentioned, and I hope that it will make the first season DVD. Thanks for the advice Greg. :D
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:40 am

I have one episode on tape, it was great, and I am hooked on it.
What episode is it?

Greg

James
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby James » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:02 pm

It was called 'Magica's Magic Mirror'. Sorry I've taken so long to reply back to you.
-James
Saturday Disney Rocks!
I'm 13 and proud of it!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Saturday Disney

Postby KeithS » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:10 pm

Talk about resurrecting an old thread...

Anyway - I just discovered that last Saturday was the final episode ever of Saturday Disney on Channel 7.  I have to admit that I haven't watched it for a long time, but I was sad to hear of its demise.  It was a great show in its hey-day in the late 90s, early 2000s when it showed things like Lizzie Macguire and Disney cartoons.  Now it is heading into the TV vault.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Saturday Disney

Postby calisota » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:23 pm

Wow. If you'd asked, and I had to take a guess, I would have said that it had finished a long time ago.

I'm going to show my age by saying Ducktales, Tailspin, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles...

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Television”