Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Cars

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:27 am

So, who is going to see cars this coming weekend?

Looks like we'll be heading into the City and catch it there. I'm trying to avoid reviews and make up my own mind.

I see McDonalds have Cars Happy Meals - looks like I'll be eating burgers this week!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:36 am

The cars are cool. We have Lightening - when you pull him back if it clicks once he just drives but if you pull until the second click he does a wheelie.

he has been racing around my kitchen since yesterday.

Sandie

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:16 am

So, did you get to see it Keith? :?:

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:35 pm

LET THE PURCHASING OF USELESS BUT FUN 'CARS' STUFF BEGIN.....

On my way home from a seemingly inexpensive eye test, I somehow mananged to stop off at KMart where I HAD to have a Lightening 'matchbox-type' car. On my way to the checkout I walked through the lollie aisle and HAD to have some 'Cars' lollies and a Lightening Pez so we had 'appropriate' nibblies for the cinema on the 9th. Then I spotted the 'Cars' tissue boxes and HAD to have that too (There was a new princess one too but really, there was no choice to be made here!).

Thinking I was safe, I drove home- past McDonalds and remembered that there were 'Cars' Happymeals on the go. Did the drive-thru and bought 2 sets of the available toys (thinking that the kids could have one set and not touch mine!). When I got home and looked at them, I realized that the two Lightenings I got were DIFFERENT. One is a spiffy clean Lightening, and the other is when he is all muddy AND THEY HAVE DIFFERENT EXPRESSIONS. So naturally, the kids aren't even going to see these. I wonder how many different types there are. The 'Docs' that I got were the same.

And you are so right Sandie, they do the absolute BEST wheelies. One is zipping across my computer desk as we speak...and oh no.....falling off the edge. :D \:D/
Kaaching! Kaachaa! (found the correct spelling for that on the back of the lightening car box)
I CANT WAIT FOR THE 9TH.

Have you been counting the sleeps Keith?:)

~ Lisa :D
Last edited by mushu mama on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:27 pm

And you are so right Sandie, they do the absolute BEST wheelies. One is zipping across my computer desk as we speak...and oh no.....falling off the edge.
Of course I'm right!!! Us westies know two things . . . .ugh boots and wheelies!

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:49 pm

Of course I'm right!!! Us westies know two things . . . .ugh boots and wheelies!
Ok,whats a westie? (geographical I'm guessing) and haven't those Americans claimed OUR ugg boots as their own? (Unless some New Zealander is going to tell us that THEY invented them....)

Now, Wheelies I know........:twisted:

~Lisa :)

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:28 pm

LET THE PURCHASING OF USELESS BUT FUN 'CARS' STUFF BEGIN.....
I bought Della the Cars Essential Guide book (of course, I read it first...) and she has bought me Cars boxer shorts and a Lightening McQueen plush 'slammer' - when you hit him he says things like "I'm built for speed, not slamming" or "Now that's what I call a wreck".

The funny thing about the slammer is that it is quite sensitive - so when he was on the back seat of my car and I hit a bump in the road, he'd give me a gob full - imagine driving along and hearing "Hey, watch the fenders friend!" and stuff like that - I couldn't stop laughing!
Ok,whats a westie?
A Westie is someone from the Western Suburbs of Sydney (like me), however they should also adhere to the following sterotypes (which I don't...well, at least not all of them!) - they are said to like beer, football (rugby league only...), checked/flannelette shirts, and V8's (Holdens or Fords only - preferably early 1980's models). When waiting at traffic lights, they must rev their engine and when the lights go green, they must leave two black stripes on the road for as great a distance as possible!

The term 'westie' is often used as a derogatory term by people who live outside of the district, however its use by those of us within the district is acceptable.

How does that sound Sandie?! :D
Keith

Trip history:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:14 am

I bought Della the Cars Essential Guide book (of course, I read it first...) and she has bought me a Lightening McQueen plush 'slammer'
I saw these today (and played with them all :oops: ). But my favourite was a great big plush 'mater' who said things like"whos the best at gettin' the girls..... a pick up truck of course!" when you squeezed his tyres, thats not word for word of course, but he said some funny stuff. I thought it was time to leave that aisle when I was laughing out loud at his jokes though....

Hey, we have westies in Horsham too - but we just call them 'men'. :wink:
Thanks for the translation.

~ Lisa

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:41 am

she has bought me Cars boxer shorts and a Lightening McQueen plush 'slammer' - when you hit him he says things like "I'm built for speed, not slamming" or "Now that's what I call a wreck".
For a minute there I thought that was what your boxer shorts said!!!! I was thinking about you in a whole new light! :oops:

Sandie

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:56 pm

For a minute there I thought that was what your boxer shorts said!!!!
Ahhh Sandie - you make me laugh!

I went to McDonalds today to buy myself a Happy Meal and I got the Lightening McQueen with the mud splatter. Now I have to go back tomorrow and get Doc - one of the girls in our office got him.

I'm getting quite a collection on my office PC now - I have a Toy Story wind-up Alien (ooohhhh...aaaahhhhhh), a Flik from Bugs Life and now Lightening McQueen - oh, I also have Austin Powers and Doctor Evil slammers (yeah baby!) I had lots more, but I have to rotate them as they start taking over my work space.

Oh, I almost forgot - I also have "The Buzzard" which is our office mascot - I take him everywhere on holidays and conferences with me. I've had him since 1999. He is actually the stork character from Tarzan (only seen briefly in the movie, but was issued as this magnificent plush!)

Everywhere he goes he gets a photo taken - I've got photos of him in Canberra (with Air Force One in the background!), Adelaide (on a conference podium), Melbourne, Disneyland (Anaheim & Hong Kong), Alcatraz, skiing in Perisher etc etc...all these photos of him are on our wall of fame in the office. He's a real trooper, and he'll be doing the world trip with me too. I used to get in trouble off Della when I brought him along on holiday (in fact, it took me four days to get the courage to pull him out of my suitcase in the U.S. last year!) but now she is used to him coming along...:D
Keith

Trip history:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:02 pm

Now I have to go back tomorrow and get Doc
You know, you don't HAVE to have a Happy Meal to get the toys Keith - unless you want to of course . I just go in and buy the toys!
I also have "The Buzzard" which is our office mascot - I take him everywhere on holidays and conferences with me.
One of my friends does that with a 'Hello Kitty' toy. That toy has 'been everywhere man' - to quote her. She's been carting that thing around all over the place since the mid 90's. Absolutely hilarious! :D

I couldn't do that - I'd have luggage issues - if not on the way, then definitely on the return trip:D
~ Lisa

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:16 pm

You know, you don't HAVE to have a Happy Meal to get the toys Keith
I like Happy Meals! :)
That toy has 'been everywhere man'
Yes, The Buzzard is a legend in our office - I even got him an official security pass with his photo on it - I'll post a picture of him in the Hong Kong gallery shortly wearing his poncho! (He's in there now - just uploaded him)
I couldn't do that - I'd have luggage issues
This is why I was scared to tell Della - The Buzzard takes up shopping room :)

I also got a very strange look from an airport security guy when I was in San Francisco when he pulled him out of my bag - I was scared they would gut him looking for contraband!
Keith

Trip history:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:32 pm

I like Happy Meals! :)
I guess you get the box then too.............
Yes, The Buzzard is a legend in our office - I even got him an official security pass with his photo on it - I'll post a picture of him in the Hong Kong gallery shortly wearing his poncho!
Thats a scream that he has a security pass. My friends 'Hello Kitty' has a nickname too but I wouldn't be game to put that on here. Actually the photos would be out too :shock:
This is why I was scared to tell Della - The Buzzard takes up shopping room :)
I'm with Della - shopping room is not a want - its a need :!:
I was scared they would gut him looking for contraband!

You know, you're probably lucky it hasn't happened already :)
..... and I think that will be Gregs excuse when he brings Pal Mickey home dissected!

~ Lisa

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:47 pm

Ok, The Buzzard is really funny-looking but I am guessing thats his appeal.

Nice touch with the Mickey/Minnie-like raincoat. I'm sure it made him feel special :lol:

-Luggage space: $ costly
-Carting around all holidays: $ had to be irritating
-Rain coat: $ guessing borrowed

Security tag..................PRICE LESS!

* still laughing *

~ Lisa :)

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:02 am

So, who has seen Cars yet?

I went this evening and loved it. I am a huge Nascar fan, and I just loved how they did the whole race telecast and commentary - so many in-jokes for us fans!

Kachow! I wont say any more until more people have seen it.
Keith

Trip history:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”