Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Tia Dalma......or Matildaa?

Minnies Yoo Hoo
A Ticket
A Ticket

Tia Dalma......or Matildaa?

Postby Minnies Yoo Hoo » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:42 am

Sorry to keep going on about Pirates, but Jim and I have come up with a possible theory for something that could be revealed in the last movie.
We re-watched Black Pearl and Dead mans chest on the weekend and noticed this. While visiting tia Dalma's "hut" Jack steals a ring from a table with jewellery on it, but leaves a silver heart shaped locket and chain. Later in the scene where Will is attempting to steal the key from around Davey Jones neck whilst he is asleep at his piano/organ, they zoom in on a identical locket, open and playing "romantic" music. This got us thinking, who is Tia Dalma? Think about the spelling of her name................play around with the letters and you get Matildaa.................could she be the one that Davey Jones loved, lost and still grieves for???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Tia Dalma......or Matildaa?

Postby mushu mama » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:59 pm

I took a quick look at the scenes you mentioned and honestly hadn't noticed the locket duplication before.

I think you guys might very well be onto something. Considering that we already know that Tia Dalma is in the next movie as well, and is the one to direct them to Worlds End to save Jack, so she must know it can be done.

Something else I wondered was will it be Will that defeats Davey Jones rather than Jack, because of his vow to release his father from servitude, using the knife his father gave him?

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Minnies Yoo Hoo
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Minnies Yoo Hoo » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:04 pm

We both agree with you Lisa, they made a big deal about zooming in on "the knife" that his dad gave him, and he has already shown himself to be a man of his word. From memory, Tia Dalma rushes towards Will as he enters her hut and says something like" You have a sense of destiny about you" that's got to figure in somehow doesn't it? One thing we are wondering about is Jack's jar of dirt! D jones can only go onto land once every 10 years, could Jacks jar of dirt somehow also play a part in his down fall ( Picture this.....Jack throws his jar of dirt at Davey J.....jar breaks.....Davey j is now standing on dirt, falls to the ground screaming.....Will runs up and stabs Davey J with his dads knife......Oh the possibilities!)
Ok, stupid I know, but has anybody else have any better ideas?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:55 pm

One thing we are wondering about is Jack's jar of dirt!
I had been wondering about the dirt too and your idea sounds brilliant...
highly plausable. I think that jar has a bigger role to play yet too. Especially considering Tia Dalma was the source. I like the idea that it might go from 'protective' to perhaps 'weapon'.

Ok, stupid I know,
not remotely.... :D
speculating before the next release is half the fun...

You should hear all my theories about the last Harry Potter book.... that would fill a book of its own :oops:

Speaking of speculation.... the rumours about the Pirates franchise continuing after P3 are swirling again today, although the talk seems to be that its possible that Will might be written out of the next series......

I guess I could live with that.... As long as Captn Jack is there, it'll be worth watching...... and apparently he's indicated that he's interested...

(YAY)
:D

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”