Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Rogue One (spoilers)

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Rogue One (spoilers)

Postby calisota » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:52 am

I got to see Rogue One yesterday.

Loved it.

I can forgive the cgi of Leia and Tarkin, both of which took me out of it slightly because human beings haven't progressed to the point yet of that sort of closeup.

I thought it tied in nicely with the original trilogy and even liked the C3PO and R2 cameo.

There were no large plot holes or anything that made me cringe while I was watching it although i suppose if I google it I'll find that there are plenty.

As strange as it sounds, I was pleased everyone died in the end.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Rogue One (spoilers)

Postby ajp » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:59 pm

I got to see Rogue One yesterday.

Loved it.

I can forgive the cgi of Leia and Tarkin, both of which took me out of it slightly because human beings haven't progressed to the point yet of that sort of closeup.

I thought it tied in nicely with the original trilogy and even liked the C3PO and R2 cameo.

There were no large plot holes or anything that made me cringe while I was watching it although i suppose if I google it I'll find that there are plenty.

As strange as it sounds, I was pleased everyone died in the end.

Greg
I agree with everything you've covered Greg, I really enjoyed it.  I think it was a necessary addition to the stories. On your last point about everyone dying, it ties in with Ep 4 when they say that many good people died for these plans.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:09 pm

I saw this today as well... LOVED IT!

Gotta say though, that even though I knew it was essential to the plot, I wasn't happy to see all these characters I'd bonded with die.  When the first of the group died, I got this sinking feeling that they were about to throw a red wedding at me and I was just as devo.  

I really want to see it again to see what I missed... however, am quite pleased with myself to have spotted a couple of easter eggs.  I took my 7 and 9 year old nephews who are card carrying star wars junkies, my daughter, also star wars junkie and sisters ( who honestly I think just sit through it because the rest of us were there ;) )
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:00 am

We all loved it too :)  I have to confess, I didn't know that there were CGI characters in it until I got home and googled how they did Leia.  I admit I'm not a Star Wars junkie, but I do love all the movies and since my #2 son is a junkie, have seen all the originals quite a few times.  I am terrible with faces though (like really, I could walk past my best friend on the street and not recognise her if I wasn't expecting to see her) and although I had a "that looks just like the guy from the first one" moment, I didn't give it a second thought with the Tarkin :oops:  The Leia is when I got curious.

We took five boys aged between 5 and 9 and they ranged from never having seen a Star Wars movie before, to aforementioned junkie and each and every one of them loved it.  Even my husband, who has only seen this one and Force Awakens liked it :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:40 am

This is exactly what I thought going in, I figured that people would be dying. I guess it was also necessary for them all to perish so there would be no questions as to why they weren't around in "later" movies.
Greg 

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 am

It also bodes well for further stand-alone movies. It's an awfully large universe they have here so the potential really is enormous. Bobba Fett please!

Greg 

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:37 am

It also bodes well for further stand-alone movies. It's an awfully large universe they have here so the potential really is enormous. Bobba Fett please!

Greg 
I have read something recently, that could make this wish come true Greg.  Plus there is the Han Solo story to look forward to.  I also have read that a Jabba one is on the cards.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Wow, I finally got to see it today and it was brilliant. Agree with all comments above. I figured most would die but was secretly hoping that a few would see it through. Can't wait to see it again but will wait for the blurry. Lots of levels little nods to the other movies too. Can't wait for Hans Solo now!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”