Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Live Action Lion King

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Live Action Lion King

Postby calisota » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:12 pm

It's actually mixed.  For example in Can you feel the love tonight, they are singing, but generally you don't see it.  However Pumba and Timon definitely sing.  It didn't look as weird as you may think.
I can sort of see, and probably be okay with, Pumba and Timon singing, for some reason, but how did they handle the "I just can't wait to be King" song, given the stylised sequence in the original?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:53 pm

It's actually mixed.  For example in Can you feel the love tonight, they are singing, but generally you don't see it.  However Pumba and Timon definitely sing.  It didn't look as weird as you may think.
I can sort of see, and probably be okay with, Pumba and Timon singing, for some reason, but how did they handle the "I just can't wait to be King" song, given the stylised sequence in the original?

Greg
Bit more emphasis on the choreography aspect than the characters doing the singing.  There was a small element of that, but more the running through the fields etc.  I did really enjoy the Lion Sleeps Tonight scene though, that was well done.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:43 am

I finally got to see the 'live' action version of The Lion King this week and I really enjoyed it (sorry Jess - I know you hated it!).

I just watched it at home, so maybe the small screen actually helped in this case, as I really didn't notice the lack of character emotion that so many reviewers reported.  I went into the movie was lowish expectations but found myself entertained throughout and totally amazed by the actual imagery.  That opening sequence which was shot for shot, was unbelievable (although to be honest - nothing beats the originally for sheer artistry!)

All in all though, I was entertained and liked what I saw.  I certainly wasn't horrified by it.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:55 pm

All in all though, I was entertained and liked what I saw.  I certainly wasn't horrified by it.
You've almost inspired me to make the effort to watch it myself.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”