Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

A couple of new movie rumours

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

A couple of new movie rumours

Postby KeithS » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:53 pm

Just in the last week or two, there have been a couple of new movie rumours popping up.

Firstly, last week, a live action prequel to Aladdin was mentioned titled "Genies" - no director or stars were announced so it is very early days. We've had quite a few of these Disney live action announcements, but some have never progressed to production (20,000 Leagues, The Jungle Cruise, Magic Kingdom movie etc.) This probably has legs though with the plan to segue it into a live action Aladdin film down the track.

Next up - today was a rumour going around that a live action version of The Sword in the Stone is being worked on. Apparently one of the screenwriters from Game of Thrones is writing the script, so expect lots of explicit sex and violence hahahaha (just kidding).
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: A couple of new movie rumours

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:14 am

Firstly, last week, a live action prequel to Aladdin was mentioned titled "Genies"
Millie stumbled across this yesterday and showed me... I'd be keen to see this come to fruition - its a bit different to everything else out there at the moment.
Next up - today was a rumour going around that a live action version of The Sword in the Stone is being worked on. Apparently one of the screenwriters from Game of Thrones is writing the script, so expect lots of explicit sex and violence hahahaha (just kidding).
This could also be good.
It interests me how many of these live action movies are centred around masculine leads ( with the exception of Maleficent and Cinderella (LOVED) ) I've enjoyed them all so its not a complaint, but I wonder if they do better at the box office? Perhaps because the girls will go see any movie, but the boys might not be as interested in the princesses ( with the exception of Keith)? Just thinking out loud really - I haven't done any box office comparisons but it seems that the spin offs from Pirates alone would outstrip any princess movies ....
I am just happy they keep making something for me to watch :wink:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”