Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Upcoming Marvel Movies

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Upcoming Marvel Movies

Postby KeithS » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:11 pm

I have to admit that ten years ago, I wasn't a Marvel fan. I was only familiar with the characters Spiderman and The Incredible Hulk (I'd also heard of Captain America but probably only as a result of watching American tv shows where he was mentioned).

I'd never heard of Ironman when it came out so didn't bother seeing it at the cinema - but I loved it on DVD. After I saw The Hulk and Ironman 2 (also on DVD), I realised that Marvel was releasing these movies with a grander plan - the after credits sequences with Nick Fury hinted of a link to SHIELD and a bigger story. And then Disney bought Marvel - and all hell broke loose! It all began to make sense as the franchise characters were introduced in individual films - culminating in the ensemble Avengers film and it all worked so well together. Throw in the TV series (soon to be joined by a second series featuring Agent Carter) and subsequent character sequels (Thor, Ironman and Captain American sequels set after The Avengers film) and they have developed a tour-de-force of superheros that covers film and television.

Of course - some new stand alone franchises from Marvel have also been developed, Guardians of the Galaxy and of course, the soon to be released Big Hero 6 from Disney Animation all suggest a healthy future for the Marvel arm of Disney.

Now, at a Marvel press conference overnight, they've unveiled plans for their upcoming slate of movies for the next few years. Fans of the Avengers universe will be happy as there is a lot to look forward to:

May 1, 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron
July 17, 2015: Ant-Man
May 6, 2016: Captain America: Civil War
Nov. 4, 2016: Doctor Strange
May 5, 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
July 28, 2017: Thor: Ragnarok
Nov. 3, 2017: Black Panther
May 4, 2018: Avengers: Infinity War — Part I
July 6, 2018: Captain Marvel
Nov. 2, 2018: Inhumans
May 3, 2019: Avengers: Infinity War — Part II

Bring it on!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Upcoming Marvel Movies

Postby ajp » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 pm

I'm really enjoying the Marvel franchise and was getting right into it. However I've missed most of this series of Agents of Shield which is disappointing.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby BrizMarc » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:31 pm

I have yet to see any mar4vel films. Everyones raves about them. I really should have a look

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:58 am

I LOVE the Marvel franchise, but have enjoyed them long before they were movies. I'm genuinely really excited about the release of all this movie goodness on the horizon.
However, I'm less than impressed with DC's efforts ( with the exception of Green Lantern and the TV adaptation of Green Arrow)... and don't even get me started with the new Wonder Woman get up. I think the garish colours of her costume are iconic and don't think they should change that. Otherwise she's just a modern day Xena.

But anyhoo... bring on another Iron Man installment -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”