Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Cars 2

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Cars 2

Postby KeithS » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:27 pm

Was our version different to the rest of the world? Did they have different versions for different countries?
There were quite a few different versions and race car drivers:

Australia - Mark Winterbottom (V8 Supercars)
Germany - Sebastian Vettel (Formula One)
Latin America - Memo Rojas (ALMS)
Russia - Vitaly Petrov (Formula One)
Sweden - Jan Nilsson (STCC)
Spain - Fernando Alonso (Formula One)

All version have the regional character talking to Lewis Hamilton (Formula One) at the party when they arrive in Tokyo.

I believe (although I haven't confirmed it) that the American version used Jeff Gordon (NASCAR) in this side role (Jeff also appears in our version in the races and at Radiator Springs in the finale)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby BrizMarc » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:20 am

I finally saw the movie the other day and I thought it was a good solid move with great visuals and effects with a typical good moral Pixar style story. I walked away kind of feeling like it was totaly unessecary and had only been made to justify building Cars land at DCA. As great a movie it was it just felt like it added nothing of real value to the Cars frachise. It only seemed to develop Matter and I think they could have brought more of the other characters from the first cars into more of a role.

As I said I really enjoyed it as a stand alone movie but it didnt feel like a true seuqal to me.

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:25 pm

I have bought myself a tickets to see cars 2 tomorrow. I'm going on my own but thought this was probably my last chance as they are down to 2 sessions a week

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:29 pm

I really enjoyed that. Probably would gave been better not to call it cars 2. What happened to doc? All the kids in the theatre lost it half way through and I realised it was heavy on dialogue which you really needed to follow.

Loved the toy story short!

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:27 pm

What happened to doc?
Doc was voiced by Paul Newman, who passed 3 years ago now (wow time flies). I thought it a was a perfect and moving tribute to Paul Newman.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”