Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue

Postby KeithS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Okay - I'm probably about to be dumped into the "AJP Hall of Movie Shame" for this next post - so I feel I have to set some context before plunging straight in...

Yesterday was Della's Birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DELLA!)

Della gets to pick what movie she wished to see on her birthday.

Keith is a good boyfriend, so he will take Della to ANY movie on her birthday.

Della wanted to see Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue while it was having its two-week short run prior to being released on DVD in September.

Okay - that's the context.

Now I have to admit, the first two movies were okay - the animation was fabulous and the stories were capable - with the second one being better than the first.

For this new movie however, they've outdone themselves and have produced a really nice film! Firstly, the animation is spectacular - we saw it at a digital projection in the City and for a straight to DVD movie, this was top quality. Beautiful scenery, colours, and characters. It even had believable human characters.

The story line was aimed at young girls but without be patronising - it kept Della and myself interested for the entire film.

It was a good 6.5 out of 10 film. This series is getting better and if you haven't seen any of these movies, they're worth the look.

(Now I'll just duck while the jokes begin...)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue

Postby ajp » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Hehe, as I was reading this I was thinking that we need one of those smiley icons that shows the full red cheeks you get when you're trying to hold in a laugh.

When I saw the trailer at the movies when we saw Toy Story, I did also think that the animation and colours looked fantastic, and I even thought that they at last have tried to put a more decent story forward. But at the end of the trailer, ultimately it was just another Tinker Bell movie.

You rate a very highly commended in the boyfriend stakes Keith, well done there. :wink:
I'm probably about to be dumped into the "AJP Hall of Movie Shame" for this next post
Normally you would be and as tempting as it is, I'll just keep it in my back pocket when next the subject of Beaches comes up. :twisted:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Della though, and hope you looked after her Keith.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 pm

first off...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DELLA -/

Secondly, I'm going to surprise all and sundry and not ridicule you at all over the Tink movie episode...
I've always had a soft spot for Tink and while she is not one of my top 5 she is definitely in the top 10. And having seen the trailer to the new movie at TS3 I was surprise by how good the fairies movie looked... I haven't actually seen any of the three modern Tink movies and want to see them in order when I do. I have the Disney Fairies game app on my iphone though ( based on the first movie?) and it is honestly breathtakingly beautiful in detail. That and the Princess and the Frog music game app (Bayou Beats - Like guitar hero but with the movie songs) are my favourite games I've got.

So you're off the hook this time Keith.... :D
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:42 pm

Happy happy happy Birthday Della! -/

Glad to see Anthony was the first post to your rescue Keith :lol:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:57 pm

Wow - you are all way to kind on me!

The Tink movies are good, and yes - it is better to watch them in order so you know the recurring characters and their backstories.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Finally I got to see the first movie tonight...( that was my reward for working Boxing Day) I was given the first Tink movie for Christmas and really enjoyed this cute flick.

I'm really looking forward to the others now seeing as Keith rates them higher than the first...
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”