Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - At World's End

Minnies Yoo Hoo
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Minnies Yoo Hoo » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:07 pm

I can't hold it in any longer, I have have to let it out! I feel like I'm about to commit a mortal sin as my palms are getting sweaty and my knees have gone all weak and there is a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach ...Remember back to when you were a kid........it's Christmas eve and you've been good all year (obviously this story is not about me) got straight A's on your report card (definitely not me) your pretty sure that Santa is going to deliver the goods.......but you wake on Christmas morning to find that instead of the BMX mountain bike that you've dreamed of all year, you've been left a Malvern star (pink) streamers from the handle bars, a basket with multiu coloured daisys and matching safety helmet...(and your not a girl)... Disapointed huh? Well that's how we felt after seeing World's End. Yes, it had some moments of brillance (just loved the dialogue from the ride) but overall it was too long and so intense that we almost got headaches trying to take it all in.....it needed more light and shade and way too much of the storyline revolved around Elizabeth (indulge us while we put our Imagineers hats on) Picture the scene where all the pirate lords from all the corners of the earth have gathered to vote, this was the perfect opportunity to have some fun. Instead of the actors they chose they could have had prominent Disney figureheads and other well known public identities (John Lassiter, Roy Disney, X Atencio, Dolly Parton, Margaret Thatcher, Elton John, Michael Crawford, Pavaroti, Ozzie Osbourne, the list goes on...) act the parts, get our drift? Keith Richards was just fantastic, watching and waiting for him to appear gave some extra spice but otherwise it left a huge unsatisfied hole in our hearts. I'll never get over the feeling I had half way through the movie when I realised that I just wasn't going to like, or get into this film at all. Sorry, but I just had to let it out :oops: :oops: :oops: ahh...that feels better

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:01 pm

Thats funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Confession is good for the soul so they say....

a Malvern star (pink) streamers from the handle bars, a basket with multiu coloured daisys and matching safety helmet...
I had one of those. :) and it had the sissy bar (dragster style) as well.
too much of the storyline revolved around Elizabeth
yep, I'll agree there.
I'll never get over the feeling I had half way through the movie when I realised that I just wasn't going to like, or get into this film at all.
I hate that feeling.

Isn't it interesting how different the reactions have been for this movie? I've found that to be the case with everyone I've talked to about it. They either really enjoyed it or were bitterly disappointed. The middle ground seems to be pretty empty.

I'm glad you put your 2 bob in Julie... Theres some Disney movies that I have been bitterly disappointed with too, but I doubt that they've made it a mortal sin just yet.... (thankfully):D

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”