Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Mans Chest

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:10 pm

Just a quick heads-up.

'The making of POTC - dead mans chest' will be screening on channel 9 (In Vic at least) tonight at 11pm - set your videos it thats past your bed time. :) It goes for a half hour.

Also, I saw tonight when I was going through the supermarket checkout, a new mini magazine (aimed at kids) which is devoted to the new POTC movie. It has lots of comics etc. I only had a quick look, but was interesting. Its the same size as Disney Adventures magazine. Has anyone else seen these?

~ Lisa

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:22 pm

Doh! I just missed it - I was watching the football on Fox, the game finished and I sat their flicking channels - at 11:25, it came up on Channel 9 - and I immediately realised what I was seeing...

So, I caught the last 5 minutes - but even that was excellent - can't wait to see all of it on the DVD when it is released! (Especially the bit where Keira was learning to sword-fight...mmm...Keira... :D )
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:22 pm

Good one Keith. :D What is it about men and Football.......

Thank goodness for DVD's huh...............

I managed to catch it. Was really interesting hearing about the locations and the problems they had to overcome to be able to shoot.

And OK Keira does take to the sword fighting like a natural.

but I think it should be ....
mmmmm.. Cap'n Jack.....:D

A friend asked me today "don't you think we should go see that new pirate movie soon?" . When I stopped laughing, I said it would be great to see it for a third time. I'm going again tomorrow night now. \:D/

I forgot to have a proper look at what was on the flag on the castle at the start last time- I'll try and remember to take notice this time and let you know.

~ Lisa

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:53 pm

Wow - a third time, that's a good effort!

Have you seen all the records it is breaking in the US? This weekend, it broke the record for the quickest movie to $300 million - doing it in 16 days. The previous record was 17 days for Star Wars EpIII.

It is also the first US summer movie since Signs in 2002 to stay at number 1 for three straight weeks.

It has also taken in more box office money than the first Pirates movie - it beat it's predecessor's record - also in just 16 days!

It is currently the 16th highest grossing movie ever in the US - and this will obviously increase over the coming weeks.

I can't imagine how the third movie will compare!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:10 pm

The first sitting was with my kids. Sitting no.2 was with a girlfriend. sitting no.3 will be with another friend. I very rarely see a movie more than once (only the HP movies lately have required another sitting).

What can I say, I love movies. \:D/

Yep, I had seen that POTC has been breaking records all over the place. Interesting that some critics weren't all that kind. That amazes me cos theres no 'yawn' factor at all. I was glued all the way through. Actually I think its every bit as good as the first and I can't wait for the next one to come out.

And I still see that scene from Signs when the aliens are trying to get at the people in the larder. That claw under the door will stay etched in my mind forever. That movie terrified me. And I mean terrified with a capital T. :shock: Its the one movie I seriously wish I'd never watched.

~ Lisa

WayneG
B Ticket
B Ticket

Pirates 2 DVD

Postby WayneG » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:35 pm

The Pirates 2 DVD is being released in Australia on the 15th November. The 2 disc version will come with some great additions including:-

Re-imagineering the attraction
The Premiere at Disneyland
5 Easter Eggs (It will be interesting to see how to find them and what they are)

Wayne

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”