Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

jeff lange videos

handicam
A Ticket
A Ticket

jeff lange videos

Postby handicam » Thu May 11, 2006 8:33 pm

I thought I might try and do some video reviews of the dvds available from laughing place store. I recieved today the dvd entitled "Bringing Disneyland home" and its exactly that title. The dvd takes you through each land with the sights and sounds as if it was your footage.
It shows each land and rides with natural sound like the train whistle etc.
It was taken before the submarines dissappeared so if you want some nostalgia footage its here.
It runs for 60 mins and even though its home video it is very clear and very smooth camera work.
Positives - Filmed on home video so gives average person who hasn't been to disneyland the exact feel of what its like.
Contains past attractions no longer at Disneyland.

Negatives - Very small crowds.Doesnt reflect the real feel and crowd sizes
Misses some areas and rides in lands.eg tom sawyer island
doesn't run long enough.

All in all its worth the money for a home video quality wise but dont expect the extra magic disney put into their dvds as these arent affiliated with the disney company.
My verdict out of 5 emoticons :lol: :lol: :lol:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu May 11, 2006 8:55 pm

Thanks for the review. I always see the Jeff Lange videos advertised on Laughing Place and I like his articles on the Jim Hill website too. I've always wondered what the video quality was like - is narration on his videos as well?

He fills in a gap that is poorly lacking from Disney itself - they seem to shun away from park videos - maybe they don't want people buying videos as a complete substitute to going to the real thing...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

handicam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby handicam » Thu May 11, 2006 9:02 pm

There is no narration just the natural sound and some of the voiceovers from the rides etc.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Movies”