Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Keith and Della Hong Kong 2019

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Keith and Della Hong Kong 2019

Postby KeithS » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:51 pm

We are back!

Day 7 – Friday 26 April 2019.  Hong Kong Disneyland – Fly Home
We woke up this morning with the realisation that today was the last day of our trip – boo! First thing to do of course was to pack before we hit the park – not an easy feet when you consider we had bought a lot and it was scattered in bags and around the room.  We had to get the breakables and food items to declare together for our arrival into Sydney.  It took a good couple of hours to organise but it also showed we had plenty of room for more stuff!

We then headed for breakfast, but as is our tradition, we headed to the Hollywood Hotel and the café there for our last day.  It also gave us the chance to look at the store there again and we did end up buying stuff for ourselves and my friends at work who I was live What’s App-ing! Talk about interactive shopping experiences!

Next we returned to our hotel and the store there – we wanted to get another of those blind bags we had, but they were no longer selling them! Boo – they were in a basket behind the counter but they wouldn’t let us have one.

Back to our room and we found it was currently being made up, so we went back to the store because we had more completed cards for the free suitcase covers we’d been collecting, so we exchanged those and by the time we went back upstairs, the room was ready.

We got the backpack together, brushed teeth, and hit the road for the park one more time. It was very hot today – the hottest so far and even muggier if that was possible. We walked slowly to the park along the road and I was dripping by the time we got to the front gate! We entered the park and I realised this was my third visit on my annual pass, so that entitled me to a free pin in the annual pass centre, so I collected that first of all.  Next we headed into the Emporium to cool off and did a complete walkthrough to see what we wanted to buy later.

After that, we grabbed a sandwich, sat at ate them then headed to Antman for a last ride – I got my biggest score of the trip – over 720,000 and 65% accuracy – yeah baby!  I have to admit that it is easier to play if you are the green laser gun as opposed to the red laser (in all the rides we did, the green always won).

After the ride, we did some Antman and Ironman shopping before commencing our last slow walk around the park soaking in the atmosphere. Walking via Fantasyland, Toy Story Land, Mystic Point, Grizzly Gulch and into Adventureland. Once in Adventureland, we went to the Marketplace to look at the games and noticed Lilo standing all by herself!  So we got a photo we Lilo who was fun before heading on out. We also noticed Moana was doing a meet and greet but her line was long and we were getting a bit tight on time.

We went back to the Emporium and did our last major shop before heading across to the jewellery store where Della got a nice Tsum Tsum jewellery piece.  Finally, we went into the Cookie/Duffy store one more time before heading out of the park around 2:30pm.  We did one last walk back to the hotel in the heat and went to our room to shower and change and finish with the packing.

We checked out around 4pm and got a taxi to the airport – at check in, the Qantas girl said they’d changed our seats to the front row of Premium, so that sounded good. The airport is great and uses smartgate twice but is very efficient. Security was also quick and we were in the main concourse before we knew it.  We decided we would go on the hunt for the Disneyland Store so after wandering around a while, we finally found the airport map.

The store is near gate 63 which is about a kilometre walk so we started walking in that direction – there is a train, but we figured we would be sitting for 8 hours and needed the walk!  At one point, we passed a sign that said we were only five more minutes from the store!  We could see gate 63 in the distance and knew we were almost there. We kept walking and finally arrived…at construction walls!!! Yes, it was undergoing renovations…so we then just turned around and started walking back to our gate (31) – laughing at the craziness of it all.  It wasn’t worth going all the way back to the Qantas Club as that was miles away and we were nearly at boarding, so we just looked at a few airport stores before waiting for our flight to be called.

The flight home was uneventful and seemed to go really quick – being overnight and sleeping some of the way helped. Before we knew it, we were on the ground in Sydney, and for once, our bags were nearly first off – so despite the airport being crazy busy from people returning after school holidays, we breezed through and was in a taxi within 35 minutes of landing!  The taxi headed out of the car park and the driver was beeping his horn and yelling “bloody idiots” at the other cars in no time – we were back in reality – another great Disney trip was over!!!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed May 01, 2019 5:16 pm

I have to admit that it is easier to play if you are the green laser gun as opposed to the red laser (in all the rides we did, the green always won).
Ok, mental note made...go green.

I know it must seem like I have an unhealthy obsession with the amount of shopping you do (probably because I could, and do, go to a Disney Park and walk out without having bought anything) but do you get home, unpack and then find stuff that you don't even remember buying? That must make it seem like Christmas morning. :-)

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu May 02, 2019 8:40 am

That happens all the time - lots of exclamations of "oh that's right, I forgot we bought that" - interspersed with "what did we buy that for?" and "who's this for again?" :)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu May 02, 2019 3:59 pm

That happens all the time - lots of exclamations of "oh that's right, I forgot we bought that" - interspersed with "what did we buy that for?" and "who's this for again?" :)
:-)

Greg

DisneyKaren
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby DisneyKaren » Sat May 04, 2019 11:17 am

Mental note - tell my sister NOT to read this blog so I can pick green.  Of course I'll forget until I'm buckled in with the red laser gun.
I have the issue of 'who did I buy this for', then sometimes I decide that maybe it's for me and just keep it.
I felt for you & Della at the closed Disney Store.  We had that after a long walk to the outlets in Orlando, hot and exhausted I tentatively tried to open the construction door, however the thought of being arrested stopped me breaking and entering.  I will admit I spent far too long at the door contemplating and hoping it was open despite the construction walls and door!
1996: Disneyland & Epcot | 2001: EuroDisney | 2014: DLR & DLRP | 2015: WDW | 2017: DLR, Aulani, TDR | 2018: DLR | 2020: SDR & HKDL | 2023: WDW

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun May 05, 2019 2:32 pm

I will admit I spent far too long at the door contemplating and hoping it was open despite the construction walls and door!
I'm just picturing you displaying a piece of rubble in your living room..."picked this up the last time I was at WDW" :-)

Greg

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”