Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

The BIG trip

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: The BIG trip

Postby Mel » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:06 am

Also, I should point out that it's not very creative.  I just wanted to record our trip and have something we can all look back on and remember how special the trip was :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:46 am

I just wanted to record our trip and have something we can all look back on and remember how special the trip was :)
Which is exactly the point of it. Life is about the experiences.
Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

DisneyKaren
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby DisneyKaren » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:20 am

Love the album, thank you for sharing this I love to see travel photos from others and I've never done a Disney cruise - what great effort they go to in the cabins.  My sister will be extremely jealous when I tell her you met the Beast!

Only 3 weeks away till I'm in Disneyland again then we also drive up to SanFran but being only 2 adults we are taking 6 days to really see everything - I can't imagine kids wanting to take a slow drive up.  They sure looked like they had a great time at all stages of the trip!
1996: Disneyland & Epcot | 2001: EuroDisney | 2014: DLR & DLRP | 2015: WDW | 2017: DLR, Aulani, TDR | 2018: DLR | 2020: SDR & HKDL | 2023: WDW

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:16 am

Thanks Karen :)  The hard copy of the book arrived on Friday and we're VERY happy with it.  I love looking through it and remember just how magical everything was - especially given the health problems I had at the end which clouded my memories a little bit.

The kids did have a fantastic time and their memories of the trip are still crystal clear.  They often come out with a story about a tiny moment that we - as parents - had completely forgotten about but for some reason had stuck with them.  My littlest guy surprises us the most. He was five on the trip and just before Christmas we were watching Home Alone 2 together.  I was saying how I'd never seen it before, my husband was telling me that I had definitely seen it before and then the little one pipes up with "Ohh, this is the movie that was on at Denny's in San Francisco!".  He was right, but we needed him to tell us!  He also talks about the hotel with the red roof in Monterey, the place with the seals, how he lost his hat, certain bus rides, meals, characters etc.  It's just amazing that the trip is stuck so solidly in all their heads :)

We would have liked to have spent more time driving up PCH1, but the two older boys were quite bored and whingey, the eldest wouldn't even get out of the car at some of the stops.  If it was at the beginning of our trip it might have been easier, but it was right at the end.  They struggled at San Francisco too after a full month of travel - middle son's behaviour was atrocious at the WDFM and I ended up in tears.

I don't see us being able to afford a trip like that again so I'm glad that it was almost perfect :)  On our next trip we'll have at least one more Disney adult and possibly even one more airline adult, which puts the price up significantly. :(
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

Lauren05
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Lauren05 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Lovely photos Mel.  I finally just got around to looking at them on my computer as the website wouldn't load on my iPad.
I especially love the 2 photos of the Castle on the Magic Kingdom memories page.

My parents took us to Disneyland before i turned 12 (so that i would still be a child airfare and ticket) and my sister was 7 and we still talk about that trip - 20 years ago this June, so i'm sure your boys will still talk about this trip for a while yet!
Trip History:
DLR: 1997, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2018 (April & October), 2019
WDW: 2007, 2014
DLRP: 2003, 2016
HKDL: 2011
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2012
DCL: 2012 (Wonder), 2014 (Panama Canal - Wonder), 2018 (Magic), 2019 (Wonder)

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed strolling through your lovely shots of your holiday... I keep saying I'm going to do a book like that but haven't gotten around to it ever.  
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”