Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

December road trip!

BecP
A Ticket
A Ticket

December road trip!

Postby BecP » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:08 pm

I thought i'd check in, after joining up a few months ago I seem to have forgotten all about you all (no offence intended).

2 more sleeps until we get on our flight and head back to California, this will be more of a road trip than we've ever really done before!

Our itinerary starts with a drive to Carlsbad to visit Legoland, then L.A for a couple of nights, Anaheim to visit our special mouse, San Francisco, Yosemite for Christmas and then Vegas (because a road trip isn't really complete without Vegas).

Legoland will be a surprise for Master 9 (turning 10 at Disneyland) and they even have snow there right now!

We'll be heading to Universal in L.A and a spot of shopping at The Grove.

Disneyland with a character breakfast for the birthday boy, and he has plans to see the new Star Wars movie while we're there.

Alcatraz will be the highlight for my DH and Yosemite for Christmas as Tenaya Lodge should be quite amazing.

Then hoping to win a million in Vegas :wink:

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: December road trip!

Postby ajp » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:07 am

Sounds like a great trip Bec. Yosemite in snow is on our bucket list which we nearly did in 2010, but there was too much snow and we couldn't get in without using alternative arrangements which we didn't have time for. Birthday in DL is going to be special for your boy. Enjoy the trip!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: December road trip!

Postby KeithS » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:15 am

We also missed out on Yosemite in 2005 due to weather melting the snow and flooding the valley!  I hope Bec has more luck than Anthony and I :)

Sounds like a great road trip!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź