Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

The Morthens Do Orlando (and the Caribbean) - Dec 2010

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: The Morthens Do Orlando (and the Caribbean)

Postby churros » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:31 pm

No quite the fantastic Disney cruise so far

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:41 pm

No quite the fantastic Disney cruise so far
Maybe I am only mentioning the bad stuff. It was seriously the best weeks holiday I have ever had!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:34 pm

Maybe I am only mentioning the bad stuff. It was seriously the best weeks holiday I have ever had!
It sounds fantastic! Thanks for all the detail Sandie - although I'm not sure how I'd go in the rough seas. I never forget a friend of mine tell his wife that sea sickness was all in the mind so he wouldn't need pills when they went on a cruise - only to discover that he couldn't stop chucking for a week while his wife stood back laughing! :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Fantastic account as alway Sandie... -/ -/

Sounds like a trip you'll never forget anyway... I've been reading a lot about the Dream voyages this week and am wishing I was there too... One of my FB friends ( a US travel agent) was onboard and I've been drooling at all the snippets she's posted too.

Thanks for going into so much detail... great stuff. :)
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:06 am

Thanks for the updates Sandie, think you just talked me into staying away from the cruises, sounds more interesting to stay at our Boardwalk!I have friends who say the large ships these days are really stable even in the rough weather, funny how every time someone goes on one the bags are handed out.

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:57 am

think you just talked me into staying away from the cruises
I didn't think you were ever talked into it Colin. Landlubber from way back! :D

We also had a rough voyage when we went (same time of year funnily enough), and whilst the ship is very stable compared to what you see rolling outside the window, you do feel it, especially the higher you go. Our cabin was deck 8, so we did feel it but it was still only a sway and rock motion not a thrown about motion. For those that are a little unsettled in the stomach it will effect you (as it did our youngest, although we have now learnt that there was more to it than that), but generally the rest of us we were fine. It does help you to go to sleep though. :wink:
It was seriously the best weeks holiday I have ever had!
I reckon this is a pretty good summation.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm

think you just talked me into staying away from the cruises
I didn't think you were ever talked into it Colin. Landlubber from way back! :D

We also had a rough voyage when we went (same time of year funnily enough), and whilst the ship is very stable compared to what you see rolling outside the window, you do feel it, especially the higher you go. Our cabin was deck 8, so we did feel it but it was still only a sway and rock motion not a thrown about motion. For those that are a little unsettled in the stomach it will effect you (as it did our youngest, although we have now learnt that there was more to it than that), but generally the rest of us we were fine. It does help you to go to sleep though. :wink:
It was seriously the best weeks holiday I have ever had!
I reckon this is a pretty good summation.

Maybe I should put it as I talked Leanne out of it! She is the one that is a nervous wreck when we hit a rough spot flying.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”