Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

The Morthens Do Orlando (and the Caribbean) - Dec 2010

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: The Morthens go Cruising

Postby ajp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Well done Sandie. Treat Grand Cayman as a shopping day, I am sure you'll find something :D . That is a tender to shore stop, so you'll want to get off and on just once. Would have liked to see more of Key West, but it was just too .. cold.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Lisa - The Magic.

Beth - everything is booked now - there is not one thing I wanted for the whole trip that we missed out on (except the Daytona driving thing but I didn't want that for me so it doesn't count!)

Anthony - I am hoping like hell they do not have two freak years in a row.

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:07 pm

You won't (I hope for you anyway).
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:35 am

Truthfully Sandi the weather may remove some options but you will quickly find alternatives and have a fantastic time. There are repeat cruisers who never leave the boat! I suspect I might not get off at Nassau next time.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

The Morthens Do Orlando (and the Caribbean) - Dec 2010

Postby sandie » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Ok I started a new post for this trip so that my non-DUD friends don't have to weade through the previous ten months of my waffle.

I will try and "blog" here whilst we are away.

At the ten day mark we are pretty much set - here is teh schedule (and for those long time followers due to work i am far less organised than usual and am stressed about this!)

15 December: Leave Sydney on Delta 16 after a short stop over in LA leave for Orlando arriving at 6.01 pm. We will pick up our car (hopefully a Chrysler 300C) and drive to our Universal Resort the Royal Pacific. After Check in we will venture down to City Walk for dinner before getting some sleep.

16 December: Our first day in Islands of Adventure where we plan to use the front of line passes to their fullest advantage. Dinner will be at Cracker Barrell ( http://www.crackerbarrel.com/) before heading to Walmart to get mobile phones and a hair straightner.

17th December: Sees us at Seaworld and catching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows after dinner at Citywalk. This day will be momentus as Peter has committed to Journey to Atlantis, Kracken and Manta

18th December: During the day we head to Universal Studios and late afternoon we will mosey over to Old Town (http://www.old-town.com/)

19th December: This will be the first day our Disney annual passes get used and it will be at Animal Kingdom, late afternoon we will head to Downtown Disney and grab dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.

20th December: We start the day with our 8.30 am breakfast at the Three Broomsticks and by mid morning we will head to Florida Mall for some shopping in the pre Christmas crowds, Late afternoon we will head back to Islands of Adventure and stay til closing. Eloise has agreed to ride Hulk as long as it is in the dark.

21st December: Another shopping morning - this time at the outlet centers before we head back to Universal Studios for the evening.

22nd December: Its off for a full day of fun at the Magic Kingdom.

23rd December: Its Nasa time including lunch with an astronaut and the Astronauts Hall of Fame.

24th December: No matter how cold it is the kids and I are going to Aqautica. peter will shop and pick us up mid afternoon. After showers its time for Cirque De Soliel and dinner at T Rex

25th December: Its Christmas and the whole day will be at Islands of Adventure - dinner will be at Bubba Gumps!

26 December: We check out of I=Universal and head to Port Orleans Riverside. After check in we head to the Disney Studios and spend the evening catching the Osbourne Lights

27 December: Its EPCOT today with dinner at Nine Dragons

28th December: The boys head off on a road trip across Florida, Alabama and Georgia for 6 days. Eloise and I head to Blizzard Beach and Downtown Disney once the cold gets too much for us.

29th December: Eloise and I visit teh Magic Kingdom until 3pm when we will surprise Nina and Julia teh daughters of my friend from Delaware. They found out they were coming to Disney on Christmas morning but have no idea they have 5 days with Eloise as well. After the hugs we head to Fort Wilderness for the 5pm showing of Hoop de Doo

30th December: Rope drop at the Magic Kingdom until a Grand Afternoon Tea at 2pm at teh Grand Floridian Resort. Then after a rest its back to the Magic Kingdom for dinner at the Crystal Palace and the practice NYE fireworks

31st December: and its NYE at Disney Studios including dinner at the Sci Fi Drive In

1st January: Probably after a sleep in we head to Animal Kingdom. We have a reservation for Yak and Yeti for 5.45 pm

2nd January: The boys are expected back tonight. Today us girls will be at EPCOT with dinner at Teppan Edo

3rd January: All together again its a day at the Magic Kingdom with a birthday dinner for Nina - they leave tomorrow morning. And where will the dinner be? Boma!

4th January: The Morthens head to Animal Kingdom and late afternoon will transfer to teh Magic Kingdom with diner at the Liberty Tavern.

5th January: Sees us back at the Disney Studios with dinner at the Prime Time Cafe.

6th January: The day starts bright and early with teh boys fishing in the area behind EPCOT from 7-9 am. Then we will all head into Epcot for the day including Dinner at the Garden Grill.

7th January
: We split up today. John requested a day alone with me so we will head to the Magic Kingdom and have breakfast at the Crystal Palace. Eloise and Peter will probably hit Animal Kingdom and go shopping. We will all meet up back at the Wilderness Lodge for dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. I then need to pack our cruise bags and throw the rest of the stuff in the boot of the car!

8th January:
After breakfast at Chef Mickey's we head to the dock - to board the Disney Magic. At 3pm we have a cruise meet with our online friends.

9th January: Sees us in key West where we will do the Hop On and Hop Off Trolley and explore on our own.

10th Janaury: and we have a day at sea!

11th January: and we arrive at Grand Cayman for a day exploring on our own and shopping. Peter and I have dinner reservations at Palo tonight.

12th January: The cruise doocks on the East coast of Mexico and we spend the day travelling to teh mainland to visit the Mayan ruins at Tulum.

13th January:
another day at sea and Peter and I have a couples massage booked. - My first ever massage

14th January: and we are at Disney's private island Castaway Cay.

15th January: Back to reality - well Disney reality anyway. We check into the Polynesian Resort and head to teh Magic Kingdom. I expect Peter will leave late afternoon to go back to Old Town

16th January:
And we are heading to EPCOT with dinner in Germany and then back to start packing. History indicates that Peter will make a midnight run to Walmart to buy another suitcase!

17th January: We don't have to be at the airport until 3.30 pm for a 6pm flight so we will pick a park and head there for a few hours before we journey home.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: The Morthens Do Orlando (and the Caribbean)

Postby mushu mama » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:17 pm

So jealous... and can't wait to hear how it all goes. :D Are you going to post some photos on FB too?

Sounds like an AMAZING trip coming up.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:21 pm

I too am looking forward to reading all about it. Will bring back some good memories.

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:28 am

It all sounds so wonderful! And so close now too :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the day-by-day itinerary with us - we'll be with you all the way :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:25 pm

I should add that with 9 days to go my husbands says: "what are we doing on holidays? Where are we staying"

:shock:

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:33 pm

I should add that with 9 days to go my husbands says: "what are we doing on holidays? Where are we staying"

Nice that he takes an interest!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:02 am

:lol: Craig would probably be the same if I didn't talk about everything constantly in the lead-up. He's always happy for me to arrange everything and just turn up on the day.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Quite amazing, think you leave Sydney on the same day, and leave WDW to fly home on the same day. Will keep an eye out now that I have the list. Will work out where we can meet up.

Tigger71
B Ticket
B Ticket

Postby Tigger71 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:10 am

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Please be sure to tell us about POR rooms in your TR. I'm hoping to get a newly refurbished room when we visit in September (Yay - free dining!)
Past Disney vacations...

DLR - 1995, 1998, 2002, 2015, 2016
DLP - 1998, 2013
WDW - 2005, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2017
TDR - 2010, June 2012
HKD - 2010, Oct 2012, 2015
DCL - 2013,2015
Aulani - 2015
SDR - 2017

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:38 am

If I forget to blog or you just want more my friend is guest blogging on Mouse for Less site:

http://www.themouseforless.com/blog_gue ... se-part-i/

Sandie

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”