Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Club Trip - Hong Kong April 2011

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Club Trip - Hong Kong April 2011

Postby ajp » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:33 am

Thanks Gerard. Hope to see some footage and photos as Grand Marshalls.

Greg, nice job! No doubt you wrote that "you're all going to honkers without me" piece from the hotel room in Hong Kong?

Enjoy everyone and keep us updated.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:18 am

Early morning day two.
Had a great night at the Peak and Bubba Gumps, but I ate and drank too much. There is a new video on my YouTube channel.

I had a relaxing day yesterday which started with a nice walk by the sea to the Hollywood Hotel for breakfast, followed by a Massage and foot treatment at the Victorian Spa (as for the hot wet sock in plastic bags special)
a swim, slide and jacuzzi at the pool with drink brought to me.
Then a quick visit to the park and a ride on Small World.
Then a night at the Peak.
I was so tired from all that relaxing.

To day a big park day starting with breakfast in the park.
TTFN

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:26 am

Yesterday after breakfast, Della and I walked to the park. It was the busiest I've ever seen Hong Kong Disneyland but it was a Sunday and this Tuesday is a public holiday here. We got into the park (yay!) and headed down Main St to Tomorrowland, amazingly missing the shops! As annual pass holders, we get two Fastpasses each time we put our park ticket in, so we grabbed 4 Space Mountain passes before heading into Fantasyland to ride the new Small World. We then headed back to Space and rode it twice, then went had lunch. We ran into Nicole and Matt at lunch and decided to get some practise together on Buzz before we do the Buzz Challenge in a couple of days. By then, it was almost time to head back to the hotel to get the bus to the City with everyone for dinner. We did some Main St shopping first before going to the hotel to get changed. No major fluffy purchases yet! Just some pins and autograph book. We all caught the bus to The Peak tram which was packed but our guide got us quickly through the group entry. We took photos from the top before going to Bubba Gumps for a great dinner and lots of laughs. Also had an awesome view of Hong Kong as the sun set and the building lights came on. Thanks to Beth for arranging it all. The weather was great all day too. Funny bus ride home, but what happens on the bus, stays on the bus :) Breakfast in the park this morning, follow by rope drop and other events. Having a great time up here with all the club members. Will update again tomorrow!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:38 pm

It all sounds wonderful! I had a quick look at your videos Gerard - big mistake I wish I was there even more!

What a great surprise with Greg showing up. Can't wait to hear more :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:05 pm

I had a relaxing day yesterday which started with a nice walk by the sea to the Hollywood Hotel for breakfast, followed by a Massage and foot treatment at the Victorian Spa (as for the hot wet sock in plastic bags special)
I think you should all know that Gerards massage was described quite differently on Facebook!!!!!

Sandie

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:16 pm

By the way when is the special meeting?? I am anxious to know how many people get points for question 13 in my trivia!

Sandie

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Greg, nice job! No doubt you wrote that "you're all going to honkers without me" piece from the hotel room in Hong Kong?
I did indeed write it in my room in Hong Kong. I am not staying out in the Disney Hotels like everyone else, I decided to do it on the cheap and am staying in a place in Kowloon. Unfortunately it means that I have to take the train to the Park each morning (3 different trains) and I don't get fancy things like sheets, towels and windows in my room like the others. In fact I can literally stand in the middle of my room and touch all 4 walls at the same time. It is, however, right in the heart of everything and I got to spend the first 2 days here reacquainting myself with Hong Kong before that first Disney breakfast.

The other great advantage of this room is that it has free, fast internet so I have been downloading every movie and TV show I can think of in preparation for the lack of TV in Laos.

I went to the Peak last night as well but since I'm not staying at the Park I made my own way there rather than taking the bus. I wasn't able to cut in front of the horrendous queue for the tram like everyone else so I had to run up.

Three days in the Park now and I am yet to go on Space Mountain!! I have been on Small World though.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:40 am

Haha. Having too much fun up here at the moment. Yesterday was a big day and I met Rapunzel! More on that later. We started with breakfast in the park before opening. Before Paul, Denise and Penny opening the park. It was funny seeing the large crowd photographing us photographing them, as we were all in the hub and the rest of the crowd behind the hub in Main Street. After opening we all went to the Animation Academy where we found some good animators amongst us, and a few budding Picasos... Then we had a presentation on the new expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland by an Imagineer before spending the rest of the day on our own time. I met Rapunzel, much to the delight of Evil-G who was in the crowd with Beth, Nicole and Matt all taking the Mickey out of me...Rapunzel was great. After the fireworks, when had a Magic Access party which included a lot of rare characters in an almost empty Fantasyland so we also got to ride lots of attractions. Anyway, got to head off for this morning's character breakfast in the hotel so can't give you all a detailed account of yesterday but it was fun and I met Rapunzel-and Tinker Bell-she was great too! Parade Grand Marshalls today! Woohoo!
Keith

Trip history:

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:54 am

It's early morning, I an posting from the Enchanted Garden Restaurant where we court up with some old friends ( see YouTube video on channel)

Had a great day yesterday , had breakfast at the Corner Cafe on Main Street, was on the better side during rope drop, animation accadamy, discussion on the expansion ( also on YouTube channel theGJMOON). the lots of rides and attractions before the party in Fantasy Land.

Today I plan to relax by the pool before heading into the park for the Parade

TTFN -/

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 am

Parade Grand Marshalls today! Woohoo!
Hopefully you'll have some photos/video to show from this!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Had a nice swim in the indoor pool and then a relax in the Spa. Then a sit in the lobby surfing the net and watching the princesses doing photos ops.
Now sitting in the Sea Breeze Bar having a drink and a few satay sticks before going to the park.
So how's Sydney? :D

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:31 pm

So how's Sydney?
Cold

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Wow, how cool was the park opening? I am loving the look of the Disneyland hotel too. Thanks for posting the video to YouTube for us Gerard! Can't wait to see you guys in the parade :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:58 am

Hi everyone. We are still having fun and today's events blew us away. First up was the character breakfast in The Enchanted Garden in our hotel. It was great fun for all of us. Afterward, most of our group went to towel folding but I didn't go so I can't comment, neither did Beth but Gerard did, so he'll update us on that. I just went to the park by myself. Della had a good time at it by all accounts. At 2.45 we all gathered in the Hub for a group photo. Followed by our starring role as Grand Marshals! We went up to the start of the parade route near Small world and were given white Mickey hands to wave. Then after some photos, we were off on foot marching down the route behind a banner held by cast members. The parade route was packed with guests watching and taking our photos, it was surreal! Turning onto Main Street was awesome with big crowds on both sides and us marching up the middle. We were high-fiving guests and the whole route along the music was Star is Born from Hercules :) When we got to the end we were lead to a private viewing area to watch the parade. After the parade, we were all lead to Buzz and given priority access so we could do the Challenge! Results tomorrow! Then on to Jungle Cruise with Skipper Alex, a very funny skipper! That concluded formal proceedings, so Della, Barry, Julie and I spent the afternoon shopping, attractions, and character hunting. Then we watched the Castle Illumination Ceremony and fireworks before heading to a Character Dinner at which we cut a Happy 5th Birthday cake to Disneyland. It is now midnight, so time to turn in. We have our Hong Kong Down Under Disneyana meeting tomorrow afternoon!
Keith

Trip history:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:48 am

So how do you capture great days like today? I guess you just have to live in the moment because photos and video don't do it justice. After a slow start for me and Della due to late breakfast and hotel shopping, we headed to the park with Julie and Barry. We lined up for Autopia and then decided to go get hot chocolate in Main St. As we turned onto Main St, we literally ran into Duffy so we grabbed photos with him. Della was speechless again and we had a great time with him. We stopped for lunch then headed over to the Hollywood Hotel for the Down Under Disneyana meeting. We had guest speakers from the park and it was terrific fun. Not many bonus points though Sandie! The trivia was fun though with some answers being contested by the cast but as Sandie is the trivia queen, I stuck to my guns :-) Hopefully Beth, Greg or Gerard will chime in a bit here with more detail of the meeting. In the evening, we headed back to the park for cocktails with the Hong Kong Disneyland executive and selected cast members. We got there and they had long tables set up with canapes and desserts. Waiters served up drinks and it was a really beautiful night. The fireworks went off and Della and Beth cried. Then Andrew Kam, the Managing Director came around and spoke to all of us, he was very gracious with his time. Speeches were given by Andrew, Barry, and Wayne, and Della made a special presentation to Skipper Alex who has entertained us so much. We took a great group photo on the steps of the Disneyland Railroad Station and stayed in the park long after the other guests had left. It was a fantastic experience and one that won't be forgotten for a long time by any of the attendees. Very special thanks to Barry for arranging this trip and all the events!
Keith

Trip history:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”