Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Tokyo Disney Trip Report Part 1 - 10 and 11 Dec 2009

Loomis
B Ticket
B Ticket

Tokyo Disney Trip Report Part 1 - 10 and 11 Dec 2009

Postby Loomis » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Hey gang, it's been a while since I posted...but it has also been about a year since I've set foot in a Disney park. So two days before my birthday I took a trip to Tokyo Disneyland (and Sea on the 11th, but camera troubles and rain prevented any pics from that trip).

I was amazed at how relatively quiet things were, especially given my "average of 3 hour wait" from last year. This time, I went with my girlfriend - a Disney 'virgin'. Suffice it to say, she is now a convert and has suggested another visit before we leave Japan in January. I MAY just take her up on this... :) [NB: I did, and that's Part 2 of this Trip Report!] The trip from Kichijoji was quicker than I thought, and we wisely got there an hour before opening.

The day's first, and Susan's very first, ride was Pirates of the Caribbean. We were the only ones in the boat at this early hour, although one couple had gone ahead of us somehow. A whirlwind of Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World; Jungle Cruise and several dark rides (Snow White; Peter Pan's Flight) followed. Given everything was new to Susan, we really enjoyed soaking up the atmosphere this time, and took in the tail end of the Jubilation Parade. After a solo flight on Space Mountain, and a quick bite, we got our excellent spots for the White Holiday Parade (pics below).

We spent a bit of time shopping in the World Bazaar, before making our way over to Westernland for a quick wander (BTMR was closed) and a lovely evening trip on the Riverboat, before settling down for the Electrical Parade Dreamlights. I'd never had the please of the light parade before, and this was quite the experience! We left the park, but saw the fireworks from the resort shuttle on the way back to our one night at the Mira Costa (where the service was impeccable)!

DisneySea opened for us guests 15 minutes, so we went straight to Indy Jones. Even Susan loved it, and we got Fastpasses to get on it again. I rode StormRider, before returning to Indy. We rode 20,000 Leagues a couple of times, and Journey to the Centre of the Earth had a maximum of 40 minutes wait all day long. I guess the rain, which didn't stop until well into the night, was keeping the locals away and this paid off for us big time. (Using Fastpass, I managed to get on 'Journey' twice in a row before heading to the shops). The rain meant the train line provided temporary refuge after a bite in the American Waterfront. Mind you, the rain did drive most people into the Triton's Kingdom area, where we rode the Whirpool (because the Teacups were closed in TDL). Finally got a chance to see "Under the Sea" in the Mermaid Lagoon Theatre, which was absolute wonderful and frightening at the same time. So many colours, so much to look at. I'm freaking out!

The rain finally getting to us, we closed the day out with a trip on the Steamer Line and the aforementioned trips on 'Journey'. Our arms filled with presents for ourselves and others, we finally left the resort for another year...stopping at Ikspiari on the way home of course. Unless we go back in a few weeks...

Here is a selection of photos from the trip:

Picasa Web Albums - Richard - Tokyo Disneyland (All 60 photos)

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Tokyo Disney Trip Report Part 1 - 10 and 11 Dec 2009

Postby churros » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:29 am

Excellent photos!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Tokyo Disney Trip Report Part 1 - 10 and 11 Dec 2009

Postby mushu mama » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:47 am

Wow, that castle is spectacular! :shock:

Welcome back Loomis :)

Lisa */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”