Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Our WDW Trip 2010

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Platter family cruise trip report

Postby KeithS » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Heyya Anthony - I finally got around to reading your trip report and all I can say is "I want to go!" :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Oops.... :lol: sorry

Lisa.
That's OK Lisa, as you would have read Disney could us the Blaters, so having 2 Ts is easy to handle. :lol:
Heyya Anthony - I finally got around to reading your trip report and all I can say is "I want to go!" :D
That's partly what I was trying to achieve Keith. Glad I could help to spend your money.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:48 am

Probably won't make much difference, but there was one critical paragraph that I left out of the report, which was remiss of me. I've asked Greg to insert it for me, but so you don't have to go and re-read it all again, I'll insert what I sent Greg here below.

Every night there is something different and special. There is Formal Night where you get to meet the captain and dress up in your suits for the men and gowns for the women, everyone looks great. They have a semi-formal night, which we just treated the same as formal night, but the girls dresses were a little less wedding and more going to the theatre look, still stunning though. Then there is Pirate night. The official title for the evening is Pirates In the Caribbean and it is just a wonderful atmosphere. First everyone, and I mean everyone dresses up in something Pirate ranging from just a simple hat to the full Jack Sparrow look. Jack himself is out for meet and greet and photo opps as well. Dinner is themed around pirating and even the menu is a take home pirate map. After dinner they have the deck party, which also includes a full on dinner and desert buffet including the aforementioned gross Turkey legs. The entertainment at the party is usual Disney fare of good v evil and pirates everywhere, and includes Mickey zip lining from one of the turrets onto the stage. The climax of the show is the world cruise industry’s only permissible fireworks show, which is impressive for what it is and is shot from off the rear of the boat. Then a dance part roars until early in the morning. Pirate night is a highlight and dressing up is not mandatory, but why wouldn’t you.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

The more I read of this Anthony - the more I think I should just book the trip!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:41 pm

including the aforementioned gross Turkey legs.
I don't know how anyone could eat one of those things in public, let alone anywhere else. The first time I saw someone with one I thought it must have come off a dinosaur or something.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Our WDW Trip 2010

Postby ajp » Mon May 17, 2010 10:11 am

I have one more thing I have done just to drag this out as long as I can. I have put together a shortish (12min) video clip of a selection of photos and video that I call a highlights clip. I had planned to show it at the recent meeting during coffee, but because we didn't go, obviously that didn't happen. I have put it on our blog site as well, so if anyone would like to go and look at it, please feel free to do so (it is the same as I put on FB for those who have seen it). I would like to pay tribute to Disney for producing some of the best music I have heard at a theme park for Illuminations, which is the music I have used. It was the perfect compliment for a project like this. Note that the quality is not ideal, this was to minimise download capacity and improve speed.

Here is the link http://web.me.com/jessica.plater/Plater ... Movie.html

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Anthony do I need visas for any of the ports?

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:21 pm

No, not at all. All countries that are visited by the cruise are part of the Visa Waiver Program which includes Australia. You don't even need to show your passport either, but you do need to have photo ID (for those over 18 only), for which your Driver's Licence will suffice. When you check in at Port, you will go to the international visitor's line, there you show your passport and they take all the particulars from that and do what ever they do with it, and then that's it. All your information, including a photo, is stored on your room key. So when you go ashore, take your room key and show a photo ID and that's it.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”