Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Live from Tokyo - April 2009

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Live from Tokyo - April 2009

Postby sandie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Sorry guys I am starting a new topic so those who are not on the forum (like my other friends) can read updates since my blog has turned Japanese and I can not update it!

Thoughts on the Hotel Miracosta.

This place is awesome. THey are currently rehearsing the new show and we can see it from our window prior to park opening (from 3 am actually!) THere is a food issue though - there are only sit down places so you can not just grab breakfast or supper.

Disneyland

It took me a few hours to get used to the language on the attractions but I am there now. Thanks to Gerard's teaching I can now say thanks, good evening and good morning - the only problem is when I do say them the people I am speaking to think I am fluent and start speaking at me! THe Queen of Herats Banquet Hall was amazing and the parades blew us away.

DisneySea
Oh my goodness - ove this place! Journey to the Centre of the Earth at night is amazing - today our longest wait was 10 minutes and that was to get in the park! We did Tower of Terror, Aquablasters (x4 for the teenagers), stormrider, JOurney to the Centre of the Earth, had lunch at Vulcania, 20,000 leagues under the Sea, Journey again, Indy x 2, watched Mythica, the girls and I spent 90 minutes in Mermaid lagoon, saw Magic Lamp, rode the carousel - with the characters, Sinbad, Raging Spirits, Indy x another 3, the boat, ToT, ate dinner, Journey again, Braviseama and are back in our room by 8.45 exhausted.

Eloise, Annette and I got Duffys today (Keith where do we find clothes) and I won't say what Gerard bought because he has threatened to ruin Twilight for me.

Today Eli's best friend and her Mum joined us for the day too!

More pictures soon

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Live from Tokyo

Postby mushu mama » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:26 am

since my blog has turned Japanese and I can not update it!
turned Japanese? :shock:

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:45 am

Sandie is right about the lines.....everything was a walk on. :D I have never seen this park so quiet. Great day saw Mythica from the Fort Discovery. I may try and see it again from the other side so I can video the land bit. yesterday was cold with a little rain. today looks like it will be a nice day so I am in a Tshirt.

I will post a few photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/37477961@N03/?saved=1
TTFN

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:04 am

You are nuts Gerard - the people outside my window are wearing floorlength parkas!

I hope you don't winge like a girl all day about the cold!

We saw the full dress rehersal of the new show this morning - I taped some but I suck with a video camera

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:48 am

That is such a fantastic update!!

Sandie - I didn't realise you had a park-view from your Miracosta room - that is so awesome! I'm guessing the new show is Primavera - the Spring Carnival show. I really enjoyed it last year - so colourful and I love how they have performers right around the harbour! I understand that this year they made it even better and have also included Tinkerbell and her friends - you guys are so lucky!

Yes - Gerard shouldn't just wear his t-shirt as the weather is changeable :)

So glad the crowd numbers aren't bad. Those walk-on days at Disneysea are brilliant - you have to enjoy them while you can :) We had lunch at Vulcania too, love the theming in there.

Have you been indulging in the desserts? The Japanese make the best ones ever so make sure you order them (and you sometimes get gift plates etc)

I never thought about whether Miracosta had a quick food offering - I know the Ambassador had some great little ones like a pastry shop etc and the Hilton where we stayed had a Starbucks and sandwich shop. I guess the Miracosta must be above that quick serve market! :D

Yay - more Duffys to join the DUD family! The only place that was selling clothes was the big Duffy shop in the Cape Cod area at Disneysea. It was called Aunt Peg's Village Store. Cape Cod is worth the visit if you need to get out of the crowds on a busy day - have lunch at Donald's Boat Builders and enjoy the show there.

I wonder what Gerard bought?

Where are you off to today? Back to the parks or are you heading into the City? The parks are very busy on the weekends.

Keep posting those photos!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:24 am

is was quite warm yesterday, I did bring a jumper for later though. today I am on my own :D , must admit they do make good travel companions. I am going to hit Disneyland first thing and then sea when it gets too much. posting some more photos on flicker page.

yesterday we got to swim at Sandies Hotel ...very nice and a great mid day break.
TTFN

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Did I miss the post about Eli's reaction when you woke her up at 4am with the news?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:10 pm

here is the link to Sandies pictures.... you'll find the 'big reveal' video there Beth.... :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25889921@N02/

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks Lisa I hadn't realised it was a video. You think she could have screamed and jumped up and down a bit for the rest of us!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:23 pm

You think she could have screamed and jumped up and down a bit for the rest of us!

hehehe..... :lol:

I think poor Eli was totally blown away as well as being 2/3rds asleep still. :wink:

Loving seeing a daily dose of photos and how things are going from both Sandie and Gerard. Its a great start to my day.

Lisa. :cat:

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Just back from a Day at TDL, it was very busy as it is the first weekend Monsters Inc is open. with the use of fast passes I did do 10 attraction, Dreamlights and One Mans Dream . I will post some more on flicker.

it was quite hot do day, just noticed that it is 18 Degrees and only 14 in Sydney

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Our room at the Disneyland Hotel is to die for - I will post some more pictures of it tomoorrow as well as of the Miracosta's pool.

Gerard we missed you today!!!!!

Tomorrow is shopping day!

Keith, that shop is where we got our Duffy's but there were no clothes. Maybe some will come before we leave.

THe bathroom "condiments" are great in both hotels - all in little tins etc, I heard our maid at Miracosta say someone had stolen some from her trolley - who would do that?????? :wink:

See ya

Sandie

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:09 pm

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:21 am

Wow... love the photos! they bring back such fantastic memories.

The Imperial Gardens are magnificent... we saw a bonsai display of Crysanthemums when we were there... it was truly amazing. I wish I'd taken a close up of the prayer tablet we put on the prayer tree cos I can't remember what we wrote now :(

Eli's kimono is spectacular.... yet another photo I didn't take... Millie's little 5 year old self in her kimono.... too late now.

Did you shop at Takashimaya? That was quite an experience.

Looks like you are having a ball... -/

Lisa. */

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:00 am

Keith, that shop is where we got our Duffy's but there were no clothes. Maybe some will come before we leave.
No worries Sandie - Julie and Barry just got back and emailed Della the same thing. It looks like they are between clothing series. Thanks anyway - it was much appreciated!

I'm so glad you are all having a great time!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Travel Reports and Trip Planning”